Saturday, September 22, 2007

Oh no he didn't....

Learn how to climb stairs.

It was very quiet.....I thought Easton might have gone into the bathroom to play but as I rounded the corner to the bathroom and found he wasn't in there I got a little panicked. Then, I heard some heavy breathing and this is what I found.

I don't know who taught him how to climb stairs but I'm just not ready. Of course I pulled him down but then I had to see what he'd do and he wasn't about to give up- look at this picture. I can just imagine the thought process in his little head "can I make it to the top?" "how long will it take me" " is she going to watch me the entire time?"
"Mom, don't be mad. Look how cute I am"

So now my house is sporting some great new attractive decorations....a baby gate at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom. Gotta love it!

5 comments:

Lynnette said...

This is adorable. He is so darn cute! That big smile, just another mini-Jared. I'm sure there's some Syd in there but because it's a boy, I just think Jared. Emma did this too...she actually got all the way to the top and held on to the railings at the top just giggling and giggling waiting for me to find her and prove that she did it. The fun begins! :)

Rachel said...

Go Easton! You da man!!!
Be sure to let us know once he's figured out how to climb over the baby gates, okay?
And out of curiosity, what exactly does he do whilst playing in the bathroom?

Cute sofa table.

Kati said...

so very cute! It is all over when they start climbing things. And....by the look of that determined face...I bet he WILL be climbing over those gates at any time!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

He is just so dang cute! Looks like he was pretty proud of himself too.

Shelley said...

We've had our gate at the top for several weeks, but I just added the one at the bottom of the stairs on Saturday. What a pain!