My sister Chana is seven years younger than I am. To me, she's still 9 and stealing my clothes, coming downstairs when I have friends over and annoying me by asking me to drive her places when all I want to do is talk on the phone.
Yet, in reality she's 22, a college graduate, one of my dearest friends whom I speak with via email/text message or phone almost every day and now, a married woman.
Her wedding was this past weekend and it was beautiful. She was beautiful. He was handsome. They both were glowing.
Jared took the week off of work and we headed down to Utah a week early. I was able to spend some quality time with Chana and we enjoyed some shopping, eating, lounging, talking, eating, shopping and a pedicure together. Thank you to my awesome MIL who watched the kids for me and for an awesome husband who took kid duty more than his share so that I could make some memories with my little sis.
Chana decided not to have a reception. Instead she got married in the afternoon and had a intimate dinner with 150 of her closest friends and family:) Here are the happy couple entering the dinner. Isn't she beautiful?
Don't tell Fred that Gibson stole a kiss from the newly married bride.
Even Easton stole a moment with the bride.
This is my cute niece Addison. She loves to roll and gets every where she wants to be by rolling, turning and rolling some more. She had to be untangled from her dress every so often since her turning made it bunch up around her shoulders!
The wedding cake. (make sure you read the post about Gibson's Birthday Bash to find out what this wedding cake became)!
This was the hit of the dinner! Chana's colors were pink, orange and lime green. She wanted a variety of candy in her wedding colors in glass jars so her guests could make their own wedding favors. She had clear cellophane bags with a message about "making their day so sweet" on them and guests could fill their bag with candy. She had bubble gum balls, orange slices, M&M's, laffy taffy, good and plenty & tootsie rolls. The guests loved this!
Two of our cousins who live out of state came in for the occasion. Mandy lives in Texas and Lori (with her husband Craig) came in from Alabama. Lori hasn't been in town since my wedding 7 1/2 years ago so it was great seeing them. (Also pictures my twin brothers Chris and Carey and my little sister Erin.)
Long night.....need another drink
Double Trouble... Kaydan is 6 weeks older than Gibson and Gibson's best friend. These two love each other and play so well and so hard when they are together. Gibson prays for Kaydan each night and it's so much fun to watch them when they are together.

This is the view from her dinner. Not too shabby huh?

Who's kid is that? Yes, that would be mine... I read on someone's blog not to brag about your kids because eventually they'll make a liar out of you. Gibson has made that statement true! I think I said in one post that he was 95% potty trained. Well I'm going to change those numbers a bit. He's 100% potty trained and 0% the other...if you know what I mean. Knowing this, I brought an extra pair of pants with me but left them in the car.


10 comments:
BEAUTIFUL!
All of it. Chana looks amazing and the entire wedding makes me want a do-over for my own.
I love the photo of the Gib-miester (I know how much you love it when people mess with Gibson's name) in his pull-up. PLEASE email it to me so I can put it on Lily's memory board.
I can't believe that is Chana! She looks beautiful. And you looked pretty hot there yourself. Love the pull-up. And the birthday cake!
yay! sydney you're home... i missed you! your pics are so fun. happy b.day to CUTE gibson. i can finally see some of jared in him in that last pic of him (in your previous post)! chana looks gorgeous... i always liked that chana. :) and the pic of your boys with the temple in the background is fantastic!!!!
I agree with Rachel. I see all these cute wedding ideas long after my wedding! She is such a beautiful bride, and what would a wedding be like without a few kids running around in underwear. :) So cute!
She is beautiful! I can't believe how much you two look alike! I LOVE her dress and I LOVE the cake - how fun!
Sydney, what a great surprise to hear from you!! What's it been, 12 years now? I'd forgotten you'd become a Condie. Anyway, I'm so glad you decided to stalk, I do that all of time. It's a great way to catch up on people's lives. Your pictures are wonderful and I wish I'd done that "make your own goody bag" idea at my wedding. Your little boys are quite handsome and I love their names.
Holy perfect wedding! She is beautiful and what a cute wedding dress. You guys look alot alike. I love your pictures.
that is the CUTEST idea for wedding favors, love the cake, love the bride, you guys look just alike. So lucky to have a darling sister!
Can it be that your little sis is married? Oh, the time flies, my friend. She looks beautiful (as do you!) and her cake is awesome. I love the colors. I'm sure it was great to be with family and I love the shot of Gibson in his unders...
Post a Comment