AWESOME if you were to judge it by the watermelons! Yep, we planted watermelons purely out of curiosity. We truly didn't think they would actually grow and we thought that if they did grow, they wouldn't be any good. Well, we were wrong.
Jared and I were craving a little Sunday night snack and since I haven't been to the grocery store in weeks, our fridge is a tad bit bare. Jared then remembered that we have watermelons in our garden so out he went and to our utter surprise and delight, the watermelon was ripe, juicy and had the perfect crispness to it.
I think it is written somewhere that to be a Condie you must love watermelon and corn on the cob. Those two items are found constantly in the summer time at Jared's parents house. I think Marylou keeps Harward Farms and Green River Watermelons in business with her weekly purchases!! (Or maybe it's just when we're all there and she's buying 6 dozen corn.) I know she must be pretty proud of her baby boy right now for raising himself a watermelon.
Doesn't it look delicious??
I must say that we have had good luck with our non weeded, not attended, forget to water garden. We've grown some large zucchini's, some sugar snap peas, some cherry tomatoes, red, yellow and green peppers! You wouldn't know it by looking at it but we've been pretty lucky with our garden the size of a postage stamp!
15 comments:
Impressive!!! Funny you mentioned Green River Watermelons. We were just visiting my mom, and we ate a Green River watermlon. It was soooo good!
WOW Sydney! That is truly impressive!!!! It is a good thing I didn't marry into the Condie Clan...cause I am allergic to watermelon! The worst thing about that??? I LOVE WATERMELON!!!!
Awww, look how excited Jared looks!
Syd, you would have made such a good little pioneer! :0)
By the way... I like your window treatment. Did you make it?
Window Treatment- Did I make it? Are you serious? Oh, no sweetie, that's what Target is for.
I am impressed! Our garden did alright, except we have colonies of squash bugs that eat my zucchinni (sp) and pumpkins! But, we have killer tomatoes. We have never been able to grow a good watermelon, so hats off to you guys.
Love that youo guys did a garden. I am going to attempt one next year. Looks SO yummy for a midnight snack. Hope you are doing well. We miss ya.
Okay, so you need to load up those boys and a watermelon and come this way. I live by Target, hello!?!
Hey-good job! I LOVE watermelon. I am very impressed.
mmmmmm....watermelon.I can't wait to live in a location conducive to a garden....sigh....
wow!! i'm impressed. if i didn't know better i'd think jared was thinking about quarterbacking that melon!
VERY impressive! And it looks yummy too! My garden failed this year! SO SAD...I've always atleast had tomatoes and peppers??? But it must have rained too much! It was CRAZY weather this summer!
YUM!!!!! I didn't think normal people could grow perfect looking watermelon! :) By the way, love the "barn stars" on the wall! (isn't that what they are called?)
Oh, so jealous! I wish I had a random garden that grew yummy things!
Impressive...but you didn't get that green thumb from your mom Jared, I can't grow gardens or plants, (except Alovera)...just kids! XOXOXO
Post a Comment