Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Went to the Danger Zone with the YM

Wednesday nights I meets with the young men of our ward. It can sometimes be difficult to come up with good activities in our neck of the tumbleweeds, but I am proud of the YM in our ward, most of them show up to our activities a lot more than I ever did growing up. Thanks to a (Pilot) Captain Johnson, we got access to the F-15E jets. Capt Johnson did an awesome job telling us all about the F-15E's muscle, and showed us some wickedly cool video of bombs being dropped, missiles being guided through windows, and some very big targets being annihilated. It was a fun night.

Our next activity is a night at the dental clinic... J/k. We may have to wait on that one for a while, it may take the YM a few weeks to come down from the "Those Jets are so cool!" statements, before I knock their socks off by showing them how to cast a gold crown. :)

Anyway, enjoy the pictures.







2 comments:

leslie said...

cool post, jared!! i bet those YM love having such a rockin' leader... ever take em for oreo shakes??

Sydney said...

Leslie, thanks for the "rockin leader" comment. And Yes, we had the late night video games and oreo shake party. We went through a bag of oreos and a gallon of Ice-cream in less than 20 minutes. If you have anymore ideas for activities I am all ears.