Wednesday, September 19, 2007

FIRST Day of Preschool

Gibson started preschool yesterday. Jared and I have been in a great debate about whether or not to start him in preschool this year- I think he needs the socialization of other kids and a chance to get away from me and Jared thinks he's too young and will be influenced by the older kids in a negative way. We decided that we'd give it a few months and see how he does. If we find him acting negative we'll pull him out but if we find he thrives then two days a week, he'll be a preschool student!


Gibson's teacher is Mrs. Pippin which is very confusing to Gibson... you see, when you meet Gibson he introduces himself as Pippin Tayer Condie. So to have a teacher's who's "real" name is Pippin, he gets really upset and says "NO, I'M PIPPIN TAYER CONDIE". It was very confusing the first day Gibson met his teacher and they went back and forth telling them their names....oh, good thing I was there to translate!

A few weeks ago we went to the mall. I was in Baby Gap browsing the sale racks and Jared was entertaining the boys on the escalator. At the bottom of the escalator Gibson ran, he turned the corner and what happened to be there...the DISNEY store! (Even Boise has a Disney store, come on UTAH). He ran in and stumbled across this backpack. Needless to say, we now own it along with an adorable lunchbox that clips right on. (plus it was on sale, good find buddy) Gibson loves this backpack so much that he insisted wearing it throughout the first day of preschool.

We go again tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. The biggest challenge will be getting him up, fed, dressed and out the door before 9!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

9:00? Like, as in A.M.!? Good for you, and good luck. A 9 am start time for most things would be a challenge for us.

I can't believe Gibson's going to school! He looks so grown up wearing that backpack (that's the size of his entire back). How cute.

Did you cry when you left? Tell the truth! What happened to his nose? Is he already getting into schoolyard fights? Hmmm, maybe Jared's right Syd.

More Caffiene, Please said...

We started CJ in preschool when he was two years and 9 months old. It was THE BEST thing for him because he's so social! As long as they have good teacher(s) to keep the class environment controlled I think they do great and learn so much about what they can do all by themselves, without mommy!

And I want your a.m. schedule girls. We are up at 6:30!!!!!!!!! And not by choice but the two boys are ready to party!

Shelley said...

I hope he does well and that you enjoy the one on one time with the little man!

Kati said...

I am with you on the early stuff! As for me and my house....we are NOT morning people! Jackson has to be on the bus at 8:45 and it about kills us! As far as the preschool things goes...I think every kid is different. You guys are doing the right thing...you can always take him out if he isn't ready....but my bet is that he will LOVE it!

510Jen said...

9a? Syd you can do it. I have to wake all my kids up in the morning too they are sleepers, and they go to bed around 8 who knows what there problem is. I can't believe Gibson is going to Preshcool crazy.

gilesfamdamily said...

Sending kids off to school is so bitter sweet! Did you cry?
I am not sure if it was your or Jared's side to take but I am all for pre-school. Good Luck with that. Even if I am up at 6:30 it is very difficult for me to get up and all kids ready for the day and out the door by 9am without raising my voice once. I am currently working on that one. Way to go Syd!

gilesfamdamily said...

Sending kids off to school is so bitter sweet! Did you cry? I am not sure if it is your side or Jared's that I am taking, but I am all for pre-school. Payton got to know a few "jewks" as he called them in his first year of pre-school and I have tried to play off him not wanting to be like them. What a gentleman he has become now. Now, in Kindergarten he tells me of the few "jewks" (we have a hard time with our R's) in his class. It has made him a better man. It is good for them. I will say that even if I am up at 6:30 I still have a hard time getting myself and all the kids ready for the day and out the door by 9am (this year it is actually 8:30) without raising my voice. I am currently working on that one. Way to go Syd...and good luck with that!

gilesfamdamily said...

Oops. I think I edited my comment and sent it twice. This blogging business is oh so new to me. Give me some time. i will get caught up to this generation sometime. Sorry!

Lynnette said...

What a big boy! I love the story about his name. They will appreciate these things so much when they get older.

wurstens5 said...

I think the backpack is their favorite part about school. I'm jealous you have a Disney store, they closed ours here in June for re modeling and have not opened back up yet. We would go there almost weekly, so my kids were having some withdrawls.