Cornbelly's

With coupon in hand, boys loaded in the car (all three of them) we headed off to Cornbelly's {a pumpkin patch/corn maze} to meet my brother Jason and his family and my brother Carey and his family. The weather was perfect. It was sure to be the perfect afternoon!

Apparently we weren't the only ones with the idea to go to Cornbelly's on this fine Friday afternoon. All of Utah County was there! I knew it would be busy since it was Fall Break for the school districts but seriously.....everyone went to Cornbelly's! It was insane!

Of course the kids didn't know it was crazy busy and even if they did, they couldn't care less. They LOVED every minute of it. It was great to be outside for a few hours. I got my fix of people watching in, my dose of kettle corn and of crowds.

{note to self, make sure Easton has a room on the second floor where it won't be so easy for him to get in and out!}
I did manage to make a few observations with lucky for you, I'm going to share. 1) Kettle Corn premade just isn't the same as the fresh kind. I want a big black kettle and my bag filled just as I order it. I don't want it shipped in from who knows where and who knows when!
2) People get TOO dressed up to attend the pumpkin patch. I mean seriously. Do women really think "I'm going to be walking around dirt and grass and through rows and rows of corn. I think I'll wear my boots with heels, I might as well pair it with my Sunday swing jacket and matching clutch?" Sheesh, I felt very underdressed in my jeans and t-shirt.
3) I think I'm going to open a corn maze and pumpkin patch. At $10.50 a ticket (ages 2 and up) just to get in the door plus the price of concessions, pumpkins and other amenities, I just might be rich......

4) Although, it was great having a nice warm atmosphere, I think I enjoy a pumpkin patch when there's a little chill in the air. I was looking forward to hot chocolate, warm kettle corn and being bundled in sweaters instead of sweating and trying to find shade.
5) My kids survived going to the pumpkin patch and corn maze without going in the corn maze or getting a pumpkin!

Of course what would fall be without a trip to the pumpkin patch and corn maze. We had a great time and we'll certainly do it again next year.

We may just pick a different day to go...you know, one where most kids are in school or going on field trips to the zoo!
And as far as not getting a pumpkin, good thing Jakers is down the road, so we can head to our own local pumpkin patch and pick our perfect pumpkin without the crowds- just dirt and vines and a variety to pick from!
4 comments:
Looks like so much fun! We are planning on going to a pumpkin patch when we are there but I don't know which one. Hopefully we'll pick a quiet day.
What do you mean going to Jakers Pumpkin Patch. What about Papa Taylor's patch where there are pumpkins for all the grandchildren just waiting to be picked.
Great photos! Nice commentary! I am glad you were able to get away and do something fun as a family.
Looks like fun Sydney. I wanted to warn you about that 2nd floor room for Easton.
My neighbor knocked on my door late one night and told me my son was on the roof. Dallas was 3 years old!
I guess it's a toss up whether you want them to fall from the roof or get lost. Good thing there are angels helping us out, boy do I need it:)
Post a Comment