Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A thought....



So it just occurred to me that when I did laundry a few days ago, I forgot to include the laundry detergent.

Made me remember back to my growing up years when my parents used the "laundry ball"- this would be the laundry ball that has now been said to have NO cleaning effects on clothes. They suggest you might as well throw in a koosh ball, it would be the same effect.

However, at least by throwing in a koosh ball you'd have a clean koosh ball. I don't even have that.

Of course since I'm now realizing it and the clothes have been put away for two days it's a fun mystery which clothes were washed with detergent and which ones were just washed with water! I guess I survived as a teenager with almost clean clothes, my family will survive a few weeks until the clothes go back into the hamper and are ready for their "real" washing. This time I'll remember the detergent! {I hope}!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL! How have I never heard of the laundry ball? That's hysterical. And as far as forgetting detergent, at least you can blame your absentmindedness on being pregnant. And hey! Better no detergent in the washer than detergent all over the carpet, right? :)

Amanda said...

Blame it on the pregnancy. I remember that laundry ball, we never had one, but I remember it. I love that you shared that story. It was really good seeing you on Sat.

Larson Love said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing out loud. My Mom got sucked in to buying one of those balls and my dad still teases her about it to this day. What a hoot. Thanks for the laugh...

Jessica said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!!

The Barton Family said...

My mom still uses the ball( I knew it didn't do anything).....does yours??

Tara said...

I have to ask Brad to be sure, but I think there's a story that goes around his family about how his very eccentric great-uncle invented that ball!!! Something about how he worked for the company that put it out, but he never got credit or royalties or something, or we'd all be rich. Guess it's a good thing--who would want to be associated with THAT piece of junk! Ha ha ha!

Gotta love Pregnancy Brain... too bad it doesn't go away upon delivery!

Any gender news yet???? Dying to know...