Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Something Good



I received a phone call from a friend who lives too far away and whom I don't talk to nearly enough. She said "tell me something good".........there was silence on my end. 

"No really, I need to hear something good so please tell me something good that's happened"......

"um, I folded and put away all my laundry yesterday" was all I could reply.

How sad.....truth be told, yesterday was a hard mommy day, I needed a new day to find something good. I told her I'd find something good and report, so here's my report my friend....

Today:

I called to get a Dr's appointment for Gibson and got right in! By having to leave the house, I actually got dressed and did my hair and makeup.

Before I left the house, I put dinner in the crockpot. All I had to do was make some rice and dinner was served! 

After the Dr's appointment, I took the boys for frozen yogurt....can you say GOOD!!

I got a little cat nap while Easton took a nap and while Gibson had "quiet time"

I actually did the dishes, including the pots and pans.

I got the mail and found a few rebate checks that I had completely forgotten about.

It's a start. Thanks friend for having me look into my day and find the good.  I hope you do the same! Love you!

3 comments:

510Jen said...

I love ya Syd, you make me smile.

Jami Steele Davis said...

I know how those days go. Aren't you glad when you can stop and recognize the good ones!!!

Rachel said...

I'm still looking for my goodness this week, but SO HAPPY to read about yours. Heck! You could have listed: "I got a little cat nap while Easten took a nap and Gibson had quiet time." and that would have been enough goodness to last all week!

Here's to new days and the little goodies they may bring.

Love YOU!