Reinforcement has arrived!!!
Thanks to Jared's sister Cassie who had a baby today, Jared's mom drove up to help her and we just happen to be on the way. She brought the reinforcement......the replacement.......our new microwave!! ( I say "new" lightly since it's a microwave that's been sitting in my parents garage for some time. It will last us 5 months which is what we need. So siblings if it's yours, too bad. You left it in the garage and if you want it, come and get it.)
The microwave that we got when we got married died a few weeks ago. We've been winging it ever since. Have you ever tried to live without a microwave? I honestly thought it would be pretty easy. I didn't think I used it all that much. Um, yeah. How do I feed the kids dino nuggets for lunch? Leftovers- how do you heat them?
Oven, stove top, toaster??? Yeah. We've tried that but I'm not one to think ahead and warm up the oven and put in the nuggets to they'll be nice and warm in 30 minutes when the kids get hungry. Oh, no. It's more like on demand feeding and without a microwave it's made it pretty difficult.
So microwave, welcome to the family! (Welcome to our newest niece-little Natalie Brooke too)
3 comments:
Isn't it amazing how we can't live without our modern conciences!!! I am so glad I was not a pioneer. My favorite chicken nugget cooker is our George Forman grill. It is the only thing I use it for. Nice crispy chicken nuggets in about 5 minutes!!!!
I completely understand. We were without a microwave for a couple of weeks back in the Cleveland days. Not fun! Glad to know you have you have reinforcements.
That happenned to me once, as well! It was simply awful. Thank heaven for hand-me-downs to the rescue!
Post a Comment