Sydney and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
Oh, you know those days when you can't wait to get to bed. Oh, I had one of THOSE days yesterday. Let me tell you why.
Gibson is trying SO hard and is being SO good about going "pee pee in the potty"- however, a different story could be told about going "poo poo in the potty". He won't do it so he chooses to go in his pants. Oh, praise and wonderment goes to you moms who use cloth diapers. I could never do it. I was closing my eyes and trying not to gag as I rinsed out his underwear. The SECOND time he did it, dad was around and just threw away the underwear and even though I saw $1.99 enter the trash can, I was not complaining! Yuck!
My printer died...so I spent HOURS online and on the phone trying to trouble shoot it. Did you know that I had to pay $9.99 just to talk to someone on the phone to see if I could get it fixed? Oh, I was not happy about that but living in the small town that I do I had no choice. I paid it and then still had to take it to Boise today to get fixed (paying another $50 just for them to diagnose it).
My blowdryer died. Yup, I was blow drying my hair (which means I took a shower, yeah for that) and there was a pop and a puff of REALLY hot hair and it was dead. I swear it's not that old and I have no idea where a beauty supply store is in Boise so I guess we're using the travel one until I can find a replacement.
I went to the gas station to fill my almost empty tank and for some reason the gas station on base (which is the cheapest gas) hates my car. It will fill for 2 seconds and then click off, fill and then click off- it drives me crazy. You would think that after several times of it doing this I would catch on and not get gas there but nope, I still go and I leave after getting 2 gallons of gas and then have to go to another gas station and finish the process.
I grabbed our little point and shoot camera to snap so cute pictures of the boys and when I went to upload them they have this weird white smudge on EVERY picture, right in the middle. "What is this" I ask myself. Oh, yeah it would be a fingerprint of a small child who shall not be named to protect his small self. It's really cute when he's carrying around the camera and saying "smile mommy" but I'm not finding it that cute when there's smudges on all my pictures. I know, I know....put the camera away. Consider it done!
My freezer is absolutely packed. With two shelfs and the entire door lined with breast milk bags, everything else is stuffed in there like sardines. So I literally throw something in the freezer and slam the door so that when it falls, it will fall against the closed door and not on my toes....well I didn't see the fingers of a small child. Oh, I felt horrible.
Speaking of breast milk. I'm winding down and can you say uncomfortable......
Oh, it was one thing after another yesterday. From not having the right ingredients for dinner to getting sweet potatoes spit on me by a darling 8 month old who likes to do raspberries. I LOVE being a mom and even if I move to Australia like in the book, Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, I'm guessing they have bad days too.
Update: Today was much better!
9 comments:
Yikes! That's a doozie of a day. I hear you on the potty training sister... pooped-in panties (fortunately it only happened twice) went right into the garbage at our house.
I'm glad you're doing better. I'll be so glad once you're back to living in a town where the conveniences of this century are offered! I don't know how you're doing it. 5 months in Sierra Vista about killed me, and I even had a Target I could wander through. :o)
Oh, Sydney. Could you imagine if all days were like that? I'm glad you survived. I HATE cleaning out poopy pants. I did it four times last Sunday because Conner had really bad diarrhea (can't remember how to spell that)and didn't quite make it to the toilet. It is very yucky!
Hope you have a great. Sure love ya!
You need one of these.
http://thecondieclan.blogspot.com/2007/07/my-new-love-found-these-other-day-at.html
Or two.
it was so fun to get a look at your life. Your boys are darling, I didn't even know you had two. I hear you, some days are like that.
Oh, I totally understand those days. I can relate to the poopie undies too. When Noah was training last year, he didn't go in the toilet for FOUR months. He was afraid of it. It seems like a lifetime ago, but in the moment it is sooo stressful. Good luck. It's fun to see what your cute family is up to.
Sorry you had such a bad day. Sometimes those are the days you just have to sit down and laugh. I too have thrown many underpants away. Yuck!
Days like those are why God created chocolate! (Like chocolate chip brownie torte. Thanks!)
Sydney - your bad day made me laugh - so thank you! I'm glad it's over for you! By the way - did you find a beauty supply store? Get off Broadway - turn right - it will be on your left by Honks :)
Oh Syd...that sounds like MY day! Everyday. Glad we survive! And let me tell you - toliet training a boy is the HARDEST, most DIFFICULT thing to do. Ever. Jake's famous line was "don't worry Mom, it will dry." And guess what, it always does! Good luck. Really.
Post a Comment