This past weekend we drove to Utah for the annual Condie family reunion. This is the second year we have our annual family reunion at Heber Valley Camp. What an incredible place to hold a family reunion. I'm not much of a camper but this is my kind of camping! Cabins, flushing toilets, running water and showers.
There were 35 Condie's that were able to make it this year. We were only missing 1 spouse and 3 grandkids! Don't you love our matching shirts?? We were a wave of red fury! It was much harder to tell each other apart since we all matched. (Mayumi, Craig's daughter kept going up to Jared and saying da da)!
Of course we ate a lot. There was some yummy food! Amy made an awesome Apple Crisp and Renee brought up a homemade pound cake. So with cookies, candy and eating 3 square meals a day---we didn't go hungry!
We had 3 cabins to split between the 35 of us. Each cabin consisted of wooden bunkbeds and plenty of space. I can't say we received a great nights sleep....with Jared and Craig snoring, Emilee on a squeeky air mattress and Easton waking up twice...but we survived!
Gibson has two cousins within a few months of him. Katie is 3 months older and Sam is 1 month younger. Gibson had a great time with his cousins and took extra liking to his cousin Katie. They did everything together all weekend and as she drove away on Saturday Gibson cried out "oh no, my Katie."

Katie and Gibson enjoying some watermelon

Easton was a great boy the entire trip. He spent many of his awake hours either in a stroller or a pack-n-play. He enjoyed watermelon for the first time, licorice and bacon.
We participated in a challenge course and had a great time! The highlight of the course was a zipline. We had to climb up a wooden pole, walk across a wooden log and then we zipped down into the trees. It was incredible to see all of our young nieces and nephews have no fear and do the zipline. Gibson's too buddies Katie and Sam (both 3) had no fear in climbing the steep pole and then zipping down. I thought it was very brave until I did it and realized how SCARY it really was! Those young kids were amazing!
We had water time at Legacy Waterfront. We were able to do paddle boats and canoes. We didn't make it very far across the lake since Gibson was steering and we ended up going in a circle for the majority of the hour. We weren't complaining since he was having fun!
My sisters-in-law organized a craft time for the kids and this may have been Gibson's favorite part of the weekend. He had a blast painting his bird house and Christmas ornaments.
It was a great reunion. It was wonderful to be in the mountains again and Gibson couldn't get over the stars in the sky. It's great having such a wonderful family
9 comments:
whoa! impressive!! so great seeing so many condie faces... hi emilee, if you ever read this! :)
good job with the pics, syd. love how you grouped em!
I just love the Condies! Wow, how they are growing. It looks like you guys had a great time. That is so fun to have all those cousins to play with.
what a neat,wonderful family reunion!! Great pictures too!
What a great time. Being the oldest, I'm still waiting for half my family to get married and start having kids so we can have some of that crazy fun.
What fun. I love family reunions. Usually, unless it's my dads side of the family. Then we can usually count on some sort of drama to go on.
Looks like you guys had tons of fun! Whoever planned that thing should look into becoming an event planner. Your family is clearly more organized than ours!
We are thinking about going camping with the ward this weekend, but still undecided. What about you guys?
How fun is that. I can't tell you the last time I went to a family reunion I missed ours this year. Too much fun.
So good to see all of The Condie's again!!! Holy Cow where does your mom fit everyone when you come home for Christmas or Thanksgiving?? Tell your mom congrats on all the new babies. I hope they are close so she can spoil them! What a wonderful time of life. I love your little Gibson, you can just tell he adore's his daddy.
Hey I can finally post a comment, thanks Syd for the email teaching me (again). This is awesome how you posted this. I have the picture as my computer screen saver. It's a lot of effort & you are all awesome to arrange your busy schedules and pack for your kids to come & be together. That "cousin power" will pay great dividends to our family. I liked the comment about being an event planner, after all the weddings, showers & holidays just have to learn to change the menu's some! The crafts were really enjoyed by the kids this year and the way you all did the challenge course, especially the younger ones. You are all "The BEST".
Post a Comment