Monday, August 27, 2007

Chocolate Chip Brownie Torte

I would officially like to thank Stephanie for this recipe and for helping me successfully gain 10lbs in one evening! She posted this recipe on her blog and I had to try it! Can I just say Y-UM-M-Y!! (thanks for the picture too, we ate ours before I was able to snap a picture).

If you don't know by now, I am a serious chocoholic. Love it. Crave it. Gotta have it. Everyday. This will be made again and again at our house. So simple to make. Enjoy!


CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIE TORTE:
1 bag mini semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
2/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
FROSTING:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 /3 cup reserved mini choco chips

Preheat oven to 350. line 15x10x1-inch pan with waxed paper or foil; spray with cooking spray. Reserve 1 cup of the chocolate chips for frosting and garnish. Melt butter and remaining 1 cup chocolate chips in saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla, salt and eggs. Spread evenly in pan. Bake 18 to 23 min. Cool 10 minutes; turn upside down onto wire rack. Carefully remove waxed paper. Cool cake completely, about 1 hour. Make frosting. cut cake crosswise into 4 10x3 3/4-inch pieces. Trim off stiff edges of cake if necessary. Place 1 piece on serving plate; spread about 3/4 cup frosting over top. Repeat 2 times. Top with remaining cake piece. Frost sides and top with remaining frosting. garnish with reserved 1/3 cup chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled. Store covered in refrigerator. Frosting directions: Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Stir in chocolate chips.

3 comments:

leslie said...

oh i could use some of that right now!! i'm too lazy to make it though... i may have to have joe pick me something up on his way home :) loved your "terrible, horrible, no good..." post! thanks for sharing. makes my "terrible horrible" days seem more bearable somehow!! i dropped the shelf off at the condies late fri. night with em's hubby (just in case you need to know who to go to if it comes up missing ;) anyway, thanks for the recipe... maybe by sunday i'll have mustered enough energy to give it a try.

Nancy/Bob said...

Sydney, We can't wait for you to come home and make this for your parents. Have you tried mint chocolate chips?

Kati said...

Sydney...that looks TOO GOOD! HMMMM...I might just have to plan a get together with my friends for an excuse to make this...If I don't invite friends over, I will end up eating the entire thing myself!!!!!
YUMMY!!!!
Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Kati