Wednesday, August 1, 2007

bUsy, BuSy, busY

We love naps at our house. There's a great childrens book called "The Napping House" which we just love because that's us! We had a very busy day today and I wasn't home to put Gibson down for a nap. He did really well and played and played and played but around 4:30 he told me "mom, I tired." I told him to climb on the couch and take a rest (thinking he'd say no and continue playing) but 5 minutes later I looked over and he climbed up on the couch and was sound asleep! He didn't even wake up when Jared got home! I'm such a stickler on naps that I think this poor boy counts on them to recharge for the remainder of the day!
Gibson loves stickers. It's our secret weapon at church so I always have lots on hand. Well, Mr. G found the stickers from our church bag and covered his bike with them. I hope this doesn't mean he's going to be into bumper stickers. Then again, he'll probably be driving our '97 Honda Civic so he may need some bumper stickers to hide the rust and dents!

Not to brag but Gibson is very musical. He can carry a tune and is very good with the drum. He hasn't played with this drum for months but all of a sudden it's his favorite toy. He is the drummer and then hands each of us an instrument. Even Easton gets to participate. His favorite song is Twinkle, Twinkle little star.

It's hard to believe that Gibson will be 3 next month. He seems to be getting smarter and smarter and his vocabulary is increasing each day. He's the sweetest little boy and is always telling us he loves us.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

How cute!! I really love your posts and your writing style. By the way - you aren't bragging when you say Gibson is musical - it's just a wonderful gift of his that you are sharing! :)

The Atwood's said...

That's funny. We can relate. Gage always beats on something and tells us to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle". Funny.