I work with the young women in our church and tonight's activity consisted of making headbands and flower barrettes. The girls had a great time and we only ended up with one burnt finger from the hot glue gun!

Super easy to make. I got the idea from Heidi Swapp several months ago and figured this was a great excuse to get girly and crafty!
To make the headbands all you need is ribbon, elastic, either a sewing machine or a needle and thread and a cute flower and button for accent. Measure your head for the ribbon and leave about 1 1/2 inches of space. Then cut about 1 1/2 of elastic but sew it on so that there's about an inch of elastic showing. The other 1/2 inch will be where you've sewed. You want it a little snug so that it stays on your head but that's why you use elastic so that you have a little stretch as you put it on and off!
Hot Glue the button to the flower and then the flower to the headband and you've got yourself a headband!

The flower took all of 2 seconds to make. Find your flower, cut it so it's flat on the bottom and glue to barrette! TA DA, ultra cool and super cute!


7 comments:
You look just like one of the young women! Cute idea. Maybe someday when I'm feeling crafty I'll try making one for Haley.
Super cute! I'm feeling in need of a craft project and this looks like fun. Thanks for the idea.
Cute. I was just going to say what Zipporah said. You look so young. Hey if you know how to make cute bows for girls, please make me some and I will pay you. I am desperate.
Great idea! WE have Laurel's Academy coming up so I might have to use that idea for our Laurel's. You really do look like one of the Young Women in that first picture, your so pretty and youthful! Thanks for the idea. BTW, when is that poopy pants blog coming? I want to see why we lost some quality IM time. :)
Oh Sabrina, when I calm down from the poopy pants I'll make a post about it. I'm sure to laugh some day right?
Jamie, I'll send you a link on where you can get some cute bows.
I'm calling you whenever I have a baby girl! I bet those girls just adore you! You are perfect for them!
Hi Syd!
I popped over from the Blamires' blog to see what you're up to. I love this. I'm going to steal this to do with the Activity Days' girls. So cute!
You're family is darling!
Post a Comment