Not sure what I have but I'm lucky to be alive.
I mean, I've almost coughed up a lung more than once.
The downside of having a cough is that it's worse at night and especially when laying down. So, that puts me sleeping on a stack of 4 pillows or in a very uncomfortable chair. I usually choose the stack of pillows, it makes me feel like I'm a princess and I'm unable to sleep because there is a pea under the stack.
Needless to say, I'm sleep deprived. Newborn + Cough = Sleep Deprivation
Today, being day 5 I had to accomplish something. My children were desperate for a mom who said something other than "I don't feel good" and they needed a lot more stimulation than Noggin could provide.
So, I played a game.....I named it "IF, THEN"
It goes like this.
"IF you clean the toilet, THEN you can lay on the couch like a dead woman for 15 minutes"
"IF you empty the dishwasher AND load it, THEN you can take a shower"
"IF you fold one load of laundry that you washed last week, THEN you can raid the kids Easter baskets while they are outside."
You get it.....
Sad thing. The game works.
{update: after taking all 3 boys to the Dr. and waiting 1.5 hours, I found out I have a sinus infection! Antibiotics were prescribed and I'm on the mend......happy, productive mom coming soon}
10 comments:
It sounds like you have the same thing that Jason had. He has just barely stopped coughing at night. He was fine during the day and then at night, about 2:30 it would come back. Hopefully it doesn't last that long for you. Hope you feel better soon.
hehe!! i love it. at least you're clever while being sick. :)
Love the if then thing! Mabe i should try. Get better mommy of three! I'll be in touch.
I feel your pain.. Ethan was sick then as he was getting over it, dad and mom got sick then Ethan again... that was week one then dad was sick for 2 more weeks... I felt like I had two sick children
I am so sorry that you are sick. That is no fun, being sick with a newborn just ain't right!
I just don't think Mom's should get sick....ever....but the fact that you have a newborn as well just makes me want to cry for you. So sorry. Hope you feel better soon.
If you're still sick when I get to town, I'm taking your two big boys to Jumpin' Jacks with us, ok?
And then as payment, you have to let me hold Creed for all 3 hours between two of his feedings. M'Kay?
i totally feel your pain. i had the worst cough of my life for TWO MONTHS! i went to the dr several times, but no one wanted to treat me b/c i'm prego. finally, 2 days before i was to get on a plane by myself to the states i found a dr that had pity on me and gave me some antibotics. praises to his name! here's hoping you feel better soon.
So sorry that you have been so sick. I am sick too right now. I will have to try the if then game...I will hopefully be able to pull myself off the couch. :) On a different note~~I took Kylie to Portland the beginning of April to see WICKED it was amazing! Glad you got the chance to see it too!
I love your game...I totally need to try it. And I don't even have the excuse of being sick! I did send you an invite to my blog, didn't I? I am sure I did, but if you are blocked out for any reason, let me know!
Post a Comment