Friday, April 24, 2009

Secret Weapon

{Easton}

I have found the secret weapon. you know, the thing that will occupy the attention span of a two year old for longer than, well, two minutes...

Playdough.

Not the kind you buy at the store that has a funny smell to it and dries out quickly if you leave it out of the container. Nope, homemade playdough!

Give Easton some playdough and a few figurines to bury and he's in heaven. He'll sit at the counter and play for over an hour. I can use it as a bribe to get him to do something for me.  He loves it and I love it because it's cheap and easy to make and stores easy and cleans up easy.

Here's my recipe.
{I love this recipe because it doesn't call for Cream of tarter or Alum which I never seem to have}

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
3 T veg. oil
1 pkg kool-aid {smells yummy and colors are bright}
Mix together with 1 cup boiling water

Stir and knead until there aren't any lumps. 

{CREED}

is cute.

{GIBSON}

loves Creed and is such a big help. 

5 comments:

thetaylors said...

I am making play-dough tomorrow! Anything to tame the beast.

Sarah said...

oh, playdough is a MUST at our house. I think it is time for some new homemade stuff- ours is getting pretty crumbly. thanks for the recipe.

katie said...

I'll have to try your recipe. Your baby looks just like your other boys. He's adorable! How's 3 for ya?!!

Unknown said...

that picture of Creed looks just like the other boys! He's so stinkin' cute! I wish we lived closer so I could come hold him right now.

Kati said...

I will have to try that recipe. I always despised playdough...that is, until we discovered moon sand. Then I realized just how wonderful playdough really is! Never, and I mean NEVER buy moon sand.

You guys sure make cute boys.