Friday, June 6, 2008

Preschool Graduate

Back in September, the day after Gibson turned 3, I dropped him off at preschool for 2 hours. I was such a wreck during those two hours. He was SO young and I just kept seeing his little tears as I walked out the door, leaving him with a classroom of complete strangers.


Photobucket

Fast forward 9 months and here he is graduating from preschool! Ah, what an incredible experience it's been for us. He LOVED his teachers and every night when I told him he had school in the morning he'd say "what am I learning?"

Mrs. P. and Mrs. K. taught him so well and he looked forward to seeing them every week!

Photobucket

They gave him a darling book of some of his artwork and a certificate along with a CD of pictures that Mrs. P had taken over the year.


Photobucket

Photobucket

After he got his diploma, he was heading off stage when suddenly he stopped. He turned around and ran to Mrs. P. and announced "Mrs. P, I need a hug." {Oh, melt my heart}

Photobucket

We will miss preschool and we'll be counting down the months until we start again. This time we'll be in a new town, with a new teacher and he'll have to make new friends. I'm sure when the day comes, I'll once again be so nervous and apprehensive about leaving him. That is until I pick him up and see his smiling face when he tells me "guess what I learned today."

4 comments:

Cassie said...

He is sooo cute. What a sweetheart!

Damon said...

That is awesome. I am terrified of letting my little girl go to school.

More Caffiene, Please said...

That is so sweet. I think preschool is just the best thing for these "little" ones.

Rachel said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR PRESCHOOL! T-86 days and counting.