THE anticipation to go to grandma and papa's house was too much for Gibson. We had the car loaded, Easton strapped in his carseat and we couldn't find Gibson. We searched, we called out his name and then we spotted his little body sound asleep on the couch in the back room.

We headed to Utah to do some marketing for Jared as he's about to join his dad's dental practice as an associate. It was our big city festival so we rented a booth at the carnival, handed out toothbrushes and balloons and gave some cool stuff away. I had no idea how exhausting it would all be! The first part of the week was spent getting everything ready and the last part of the week was spent sitting at the carnival.

This was our booth! Our brother-in-law did the banners, we had custom balloons and toothbrushes and we tried to meet and greet anyone who'd stop by. It wasn't the easiest to compete against the "we're not a timeshare" booth next to us, but I think we did pretty good on getting the word out that Jared's the "newest and nicest dentist in town!"

There were many things for kids throughout the week. I attempted to go to a few of them but so did the rest of the town! We did suffer through the crowd and take them to the children's parade. Kids are the parade and they ride their bikes about a half mile and then get a ribbon and candy. Easton was really excited and moved very quickly....at first. He got consumed with watching the other kids that we cut across the grass and waited for everyone else to finish at the end.

Sean, Tyler, Gibson and Easton at the end of the parade. Most parents decorated their kids bikes in red, white and blue with streamers, balloons, etc. Not us, we just went. We could have decorated their bikes with balloons that we had customized with the helium we had rented but that would have required us to empty the car to get the helium tank which was snugly on the bottom and frankly, it was too much work and required too much energy.

I love a good parade. Always have. I love watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade and I always look forward to our city parade. Now, our city parade isn't just firetrucks and horses. We actually have floats, bands, old cars, rodeo queens, baby contest winners, politicians, etc. It's a great time. The night before the sidewalks are lined with chairs and blankets reserving spaces and many a people show up! {We drove down from Idaho, my brother drove up from Moab....we love a good parade}

Aren't my baby sisters adorable??

After a long week we jumped at the invitation to a pool party before the fireworks. The boys LOVED it. Easton has NO fear and refused to wear floaties or a life vest. Gibson is a little more cautious and clung on one of us at all times. It was a perfect evening. {thanks Kirby's for the invite}


We ended the week with a family dinner at my parent's house. All my siblings were there and my grandparents too. I've missed spending time with my grandparents since we've been gone for seven years and seeing them this trip made me realize how time has not stopped for them and I'd love my boys to remember them like I remember my great-grandpa Sidney {my namesake}.
It's weird to think that after all these years we may only have one more trip where we have to be a guest in someone's home, live out of a suitcase and have our kids sleep in foreign beds. Can I even express to you how excited that makes me!!!
It was a very successful trip. Jared had 4 busy days at work, we got to see some great friends from dental school the Gronemans and the Wettsteins whom we haven't seen in a long time, our kids got to see their cousins and we got to see and spend time with our family.
It's weird to think that after all these years we may only have one more trip where we have to be a guest in someone's home, live out of a suitcase and have our kids sleep in foreign beds. Can I even express to you how excited that makes me!!!
It was a very successful trip. Jared had 4 busy days at work, we got to see some great friends from dental school the Gronemans and the Wettsteins whom we haven't seen in a long time, our kids got to see their cousins and we got to see and spend time with our family.
7 comments:
Congrats on getting started. I'm sure it will be nice to have everything settle down a little. I know I am looking forward to it (one day).
WOW... you have been busy. hope the practice goes as well as hoped for. when are you moving to UT?
LOVE your new haircut.
I am so excited that you are moving back to Utah. It has been so long. It will be so fun to be able to see you every once in awhile. When are you coming, August? Your boys are so cute. I love looking at your blog and seeing what you guys are up to. I like the new haircut, very cute!!
Cute hair and this was a bit nostalgic for me as I so love the Art City Days parade. When the CHIPS (cops on motorcycles) start it out doing siwrlys things and figure eights, oooh, the excitement just builds!
ouch sydney ouch. I mean I was all excited to read your blog and see what you had to say about the wonderful Art City Days parade and what do you do... YOU CUT ME OUT OF THE FAMILY PHOTO!!!! and and AND if you look closely to the other side... THERE IS TONS OF ROOM! was this delibrate? do you hate me? are you trying to say something? like if you dont have a mate you cant be apart of the family? Sydney this one cut real deep. you should be ashamed...
Sorry Erin, I didn't even noticed. I didn't cut you out- photobucket did. I had a talk with them and we're all better.....
I like that family picture...will you email it to me??
I'm excited for you guys to finally move back. Maybe we'll be there too. Maybe in your basement.
Post a Comment