Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words
{or thoughts}


AS I looked through my camera lens and took this picture, I really realized how important it is to document moments~for a picture really is worth a thousand words or in my case, several thoughts. Here's some of those thoughts I had regarding this everyday picture.

* the Toy Story shirt. I don't do character shirts, it's just not me. However, grandma does! She sent this to Gibson for St. Patricks day and he wears it EVERY Tuesday. Why Tuesday? He has preschool on Tuesday and he likes to wear his favorite shirt to school.

*the shorts. I always try and buy a season ahead. I get the best deals this way. Gibson has always been right on schedule as far as sizes go and as I dug through the bin of summer shorts I realized 2 things 1) I didn't get as many shorts as I thought I had (he only has 2 pair) and 2) he's not a 3T anymore, he's a 4T! My baby boy has had a growth spurt in the past few months and is growing out of all his clothes!

*those knees. He fell at preschool today while playing outside and wanted me to kiss his knees as soon as I picked him up from school. I'm glad he still thinks my kisses will make everything all better.

*his Shoes. I bought those shoes from ebay at Christmas. Gibson was wearing a size 9 at the time so I bought a size 10- we put them on yesterday and I don't think we're going to make it all summer in the same shoes....his feet have been included in the growth spurt!

*danimal with a straw. I love that my boys love Danimals. I love Costco even more because they started selling them. We can go through up to 6 a day! For Easton it's some of the only dairy he gets and I love that my boys think yogurt is a snack!

*The chair. Jared bought me that chair when I was pregnant with Gibson. I've rocked both my babies in it and both Jared and I have slept many nights in it. I think it's cute that Gibson is now sleeping in it.

For me it's these everyday moments that I treasure. I know I need to be better about writing this down and capturing the things my kids do and eat and say everyday. For this exact reason is why I blog. Why I let my dishes sit in the sink for an extra hour and why I'm okay with it. We are about everyday moments, like this one~ a tired, dirty, 3 year old boy in his favorite shirt, shorts that are too small and a snack in his hand. This is {our} life.

10 comments:

Damon said...

Syd - Awesome post, kids are the best aren't they? (I had no idea one could drink yogurt)

The Barton Family said...

Perfectly said!! What a great picture.

The Wolfley Family said...

What a sweet post! Enjoy the whole kisses thing. Kutter just figured out that my kisses won't fix it and it is breaking my heart!

Rachel said...

Possibly my favorite post of yours so far. SO CUTE!

I love that my kisses are still magic too. Of course, Alex still believes they're magic, so maybe mine really are! :)

tj said...

I'm glad you take the time to treasure these little moments-a good reminder for me to do the same!

Nancy/Bob said...

Sydney, You are starting to understand why mothers don't need presents on Mother's Day. It's all the little things that make being a mother great all year long. I wish we would have blogs when you kids were young maybe I would of done better in the journaling area. Maybe not.

Becca said...

Priceless picture! Thank you for that sweet reminder of how precious our little kiddos are.

Karen said...

perfect post, syd :o)

510Jen said...

Perfect!

Cassie said...

Well said.