"911, where's your emergency?"
Were the words of the operator.......yup, I made my first 911 phone call tonight. It was all rather exciting, here's what went down....
Behind our house lives a slew of people. I mean a slew of people, in one house, with cars going all hours of the day. We can count on weekends being rather loud and "carnival" music as we like to call it being played very loudly from car stereos. Jared wants to call deportation but I keep telling him that the number of times the cops have been there, I'm sure they are legal or they'd be gone by now.
We have often wondered about a noise ordinance in our little town but never wanted to ruffle any feathers so we've never called the cops before....until tonight.
"push pause, push pause" I yelled to Jared as we watched some t.v. I could hear loud voices and I stood up and ran to the window and I could see a group of guys. There was yelling, swearing and a few chases around the yard. "I'm going upstairs for a better view"- I ran upstairs (with my bowl of ice cream) and peered out my window (as any good nosy neighbor would do) and then it got interesting......we had a love triangle, drunks, a mad momma coming to get her teenage {drunk} daughter, {drunk} teenage daughter running from said mad momma {back into the arms of drunk/stoned/drugged boyfriend}, rock throwing, hair pulling and fence jumping!! Oh yeah, this is better than Desperate Housewives any day.
I drew the line and got the cell phone when I saw the chasing happening while a 3 ft metal rod was being swung around and ready to be used as a weapon.
So, I called 911....guess, what?? I wasn't the first call, I was told "officers are in route"- and 9 (yes NINE) minutes later the officers arrived. Now, maybe nine minutes doesn't seem that long for emergency response but honestly, my town isn't 9 miles long (okay, it probably is but seriously, 9 minutes)- so we can hear the cops coming since their sirens are blaring and a weird thing happened. Everyone left.....yup, 7 cop cars showed up {amazing how they all arrived at the same time} and the house was deserted (they did pass 2 cars leaving the street as they pulled into the street (mad momma and teenage daughter) sure hope they waved to half the gang that was getting away!!!
So disappointing. Jared and I wanted to start flipping our light on and off in morris code so the officers knew that they were hiding in the backyard and the getaway vehicle was a white Suburban with Idaho plates but instead we went and finished our show.
Of course the neighbors didn't let us down.....an hour later they were all back, fighting, swearing and making threats. The cops came again, can you guess what they found????
Were the words of the operator.......yup, I made my first 911 phone call tonight. It was all rather exciting, here's what went down....
Behind our house lives a slew of people. I mean a slew of people, in one house, with cars going all hours of the day. We can count on weekends being rather loud and "carnival" music as we like to call it being played very loudly from car stereos. Jared wants to call deportation but I keep telling him that the number of times the cops have been there, I'm sure they are legal or they'd be gone by now.
We have often wondered about a noise ordinance in our little town but never wanted to ruffle any feathers so we've never called the cops before....until tonight.
"push pause, push pause" I yelled to Jared as we watched some t.v. I could hear loud voices and I stood up and ran to the window and I could see a group of guys. There was yelling, swearing and a few chases around the yard. "I'm going upstairs for a better view"- I ran upstairs (with my bowl of ice cream) and peered out my window (as any good nosy neighbor would do) and then it got interesting......we had a love triangle, drunks, a mad momma coming to get her teenage {drunk} daughter, {drunk} teenage daughter running from said mad momma {back into the arms of drunk/stoned/drugged boyfriend}, rock throwing, hair pulling and fence jumping!! Oh yeah, this is better than Desperate Housewives any day.
I drew the line and got the cell phone when I saw the chasing happening while a 3 ft metal rod was being swung around and ready to be used as a weapon.
So, I called 911....guess, what?? I wasn't the first call, I was told "officers are in route"- and 9 (yes NINE) minutes later the officers arrived. Now, maybe nine minutes doesn't seem that long for emergency response but honestly, my town isn't 9 miles long (okay, it probably is but seriously, 9 minutes)- so we can hear the cops coming since their sirens are blaring and a weird thing happened. Everyone left.....yup, 7 cop cars showed up {amazing how they all arrived at the same time} and the house was deserted (they did pass 2 cars leaving the street as they pulled into the street (mad momma and teenage daughter) sure hope they waved to half the gang that was getting away!!!
So disappointing. Jared and I wanted to start flipping our light on and off in morris code so the officers knew that they were hiding in the backyard and the getaway vehicle was a white Suburban with Idaho plates but instead we went and finished our show.
Of course the neighbors didn't let us down.....an hour later they were all back, fighting, swearing and making threats. The cops came again, can you guess what they found????
8 comments:
Syney don't leave me hanging on to air. What did they find drugs or nothing. Don't you wish the cops would come quietly instead of giving them a heads up to run. Finish the story.
Sorry, in my head it was obvious-- they found nothing....they came with their sirens blazing and tires skidding and the scene broke up...again. Maybe next time they can just drive up to the scene like the mad momma did and catch them in the act!
Maybe next weekend!
haha!!! LOvE it... great post, syd! i've always wanted to dial 911. i'm still laughing at the thought of you peering out the window with your bowl of ice cream!!!! oh the drama!
Scary, nothing like some good neighborhood drama to spice up the weekend. The house across the street form us went into foreclosure, and so they rent it on a weekly basis to make the payments and so every now and then we get some weirdos!! Last week we had the Taliban!
That is crazy but since I know the nice little housing area you are talking about I am not suprised. I can totally see you peeking out the window with your bowl in one hand and your spoon on its way to you mouth. ha ha You should call me next time. I want to see. I love Drama!!!
Yeah, I had to check the comments too - I wasn't sure what they found!! Quite a dramatic evening up there in I-de-hooo! Fun story!
Neighbor drama! That is better than desperate housewives
Oh my. are you sure you aren't in Cleveland? I bet you can't wait to get back to Utah. Couldn't happen any sooner right.
Post a Comment