A GUY thing
Jared took Gibson camping on Friday night. They went with 2 other brothers-in-law and 5 other boy cousins. I guess you could call it a "guy" trip. They went about an hour from our house to a campsite where the floors of the domes (a.k.a.tents) are heated by the local hot springs.
It's a good thing the floors are heated since the outside temperature was just a little over 30 degrees. Jared was able to get a few shots before the camera batteries died (not my fault, I packed the cooler and got the kid ready, I can't be responsible for EVERYTHING!)
It's a good thing the floors are heated since the outside temperature was just a little over 30 degrees. Jared was able to get a few shots before the camera batteries died (not my fault, I packed the cooler and got the kid ready, I can't be responsible for EVERYTHING!)
Gibson was SO excited to go camping with his dad. He talked about it the entire week and wore his sleeping bag on his back most days.
We believe in making the kid earn his keep :)
The "dome" where they slept. Jared reported that they stayed warm as long as they were on the floor. In the morning Jared had Gibson wear two layers of clothes under his winter coat, hat and gloves. Why the trip was planned in March I'll never know and even if I did, I'll never understand.
Happy to be outside and camping with cousins!They swam in the hot springs, fished and fed the alligators. I expected them back right after breakfast but they actually lasted until 2:00 before the majority ended up back at our house to defrost for lunch.
We may try and make it back as a family before we move this summer but I refuse to go while it's below 60 degrees!
So what did I do while they were gone......stay posted for pictures!
7 comments:
That looks like so much fun. Where exactly is that? That would be something I would be interested in doing with my our boys. Did you just rent the dome? How fun!
I love to camp, but when it's a lot warmer. They're brave, but it looks like they had a fun time.
Where is that fun place? I bet Jared had as much fun as Gibson, finally having a boy old enough to camp with!
I love Gibson's face. Way to go Jared. I bet he loved camping just with daddy! Good memories.
It's Hagerman- I'll see if I can find the link for you and email it you Laurie and Jamie, you're boys would love it too.
Gee, I was sure glad to see a picture of this place. They said they camped in an "igloo". I thought it was made of ice with a water heated floor!!??? Duh. LOL
Hagerman hu! That looks like fun, you don't have to pitch your own tent. Hot Springs... mmmm that sounds relaxing
Post a Comment