I think we've found a new tradition! We (Condie's, Taylors, Bringhursts) went sledding at Soldier Hollow and we had a GREAT time! The only time slot we were able to get for a Saturday was 4-6 p.m. I was a little nervous because I thought it would be just too cold to enjoy but it was just the opposite. It was perfect! We were bundled up warm, the crowd wasn't as big so we got up the hill faster and the soup and hot chocolate we had in the lodge tasted even better since it was a brisk 22 degrees. The Bringhursts brought 3 dozen Krispy Kream Donuts and I hadn't had one in over 8 years so I ate two! They were Y-UMM-Y!
Jared's dad owns this snow suit and ADMITS it! Jared wiggled and slid his way into it (why, I'm still not sure) and he was our very own "Sulley" on the sledding hill. Yes, you are looking at a matching hat and boots!!
Jared wondered if the suit made his butt look big and YES Jared, it does. But he was warm. After one run down he had to remove the 1 inch foam layer.
Gibson DID have fun! Contrary to what the picture might say. He lasted about 1 hour 15 minutes before he ventured into the lodge with Aunt Rachelle and Kaydan. Thanks to his friend Nate who let him borrow his new snow gear (yeah, we're the parents who's child didn't even own a winter coat) he was snug as a bug. He never had to leave this tube. He got pulled to the tow rope, he rode down and the process started all over again.
Jared, Erin, Chana, Fred and Gibson after riding down the hill.
Jared and Gibson. This is at 1 hour 16 minutes. Gibson's meltdown had begun, we just needed to get him down the hill.
Jared and I snuggling to keep warm!
Jared's parents own a home about 2 minutes from this sledding hill. They were kind enough to hang out there with Easton while we went sledding and then Jared, Gibson and Easton and I stayed the night. We enjoyed watching a movie on the big screen HD Plasma TV! The boys "swam" in the jacuzzi tub and I snuggled into the couch and read a book. Great end to a great sledding trip.
For New Years we invited ourselves over to our friends The Kirbys (well it seemed like we did. I just love offering to get together with someone when we don't have anywhere to go. "Oh sure, you want to do it at your house, that sounds great..."
I didn't take one picture because I would have had to move from holding down the couch or standing in front of the food. It was a great time. Games, Wii, food, fireworks, Scooby Doo. Gibson stayed up until midnight and then crashed a few minutes later. He and Nate didn't stop. We can't wait when they can become best buds and see each other more often...How's that basement coming Todd and Anna, need some renters???
11 comments:
i can't believe that you didn't even stop to say hi!
Princes
Yay an update!
ha!! love the pics of jared in his snowsuit..... seriously so funny!! that kind of gear would've been perfect for the occasional 'roof-of-the-car-ride'. ;) glad you all had such a good time. i miss sledding in the mountains!!!
Great pictures! It was fun to see you guys although dinner was a little bit crazy. Definitely no kids next time.
BURRRRR! Looks super cold, but also lots of fun!
Seriously, that snowsuit. And HOW did Jared fit into his dad's size? That is too funny!
That is HOT Jared ! You do look a little like sulli...Looks like you had a great holiday. Your family is darling,.
Jared's butt does look big! Hee Hee. Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
Great suit Jared! Hysterical. So funny. I even laughed out loud!
Syd, I finally checked your blog again and I was so excited to see all your pictures. I want a blown up pic. of Jared in that suit. I will send it to the high school reunion committee! (That is if I could figure out who that is :). Can't wait to see you again, AND the basement is underway! It will hopefully be ready just in time for some renters....
You should see Jared's dad in the suit! What a fun time!!!
Post a Comment