Sunday, January 27, 2008

Can you imagine the reunion these two had today???

Our prayers are with the family members of our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. What an exceptional man. We miss his smile already......Love you always President Hinckley.

(photo taken by Becky Higgins, Kirtland Ohio, May 2003)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Syd, what a fantastic photo!

I just finished my own President Hinckley posting. I just can't believe it. I guess it shouldn't be so shocking, but President Hinckley has been suspended in time for me as that young (83-year-old :)) whipper snapper who became prophet while we were in high school.

I'm sure his reunion with Sister Hinckley was incredible. Don't you wish you could have seen it? And, like Alex said, "It's sad, and we'll miss him, but his death means his earthly mission is complete."
THAT'S pretty awesome.

Tracy said...

What a wonderful tribute for us to see - thank you!

Damon said...

I am quite happy for President Hinckley, he missed his wife so much.

I am certain there was also another very joyful reunion today with his Father and Brother.

Karen said...

That's EXACTLY what I thought last night... I couldn't even cry because I was so happy for them both. What a wonderful man leaving a wonderful legacy. How in the world have we been so blessed?!?!?!?

Shelley said...

I have fond memories of the day that picture was taken. Nice to see that photo again.

Zipporah said...

Oh, I just love him! -And I love that picture. It is so sad to say good-bye to him, but he has lived such an amazing life and deserves a very sweet reunion with his wife.