Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Getting It Together....


We've been back from Utah for a week and I just can't seem to get it together. I finally got Christmas put away, the suitcases are unpacked but still sitting in the middle of our over packed bedroom. I have a zillion, yes, a zillion, things to do and yet I just can't get it together.

I have a few theories as to why.

I am in the middle of reading Gone With The Wind. Any of you read it? Holy Freakin Long Book. Book club is Friday and I'm only half done and I swear I've been reading for weeks. I'm always thinking "I'll just sit down and read a few pages" and then 20 minutes has past and I'm still reading because I must know if the Yankees come back or if Pork caught a fish for dinner.

I haven't written down my New Years Resolutions because I honestly don't need one more thing to feel guilty NOT doing. For example, one of my NY Resolutions is going to be to exercise 5x a week. If I write it down, I'm committed. If I just think it and then not do it, I don't feel as bad.

So, I'm going to start right now trying to get it together. I'm going to open up Jamie's blog because she has a great music selection and I'm just too lazy to download some new tunes and get going. Should I start with the kitchen or the bathrooms?? Maybe I'll read for a few minutes so I know if Scarlett is able to pay the taxes on the house.Once I know that I'll be able to focus a bit more on cleaning.......I'm never going to get it together.

8 comments:

More Caffiene, Please said...

This made me laugh. Too funny!

I, too am doing the exercise resolution. But 5x a week? I'm rolling out slowly... 3x a week. But so far I'm doing more than that but I like to set the bar low.

It makes me feel better when I eat 10 peanut butter cookies like I did last night.

The Larsons said...

Oh, I totally know your feeling! We got home last night to a flooded house under repair (luckily we live on base:) ). I don't even know where to start! But, of course I am bloggin during naptime instead of working!

Loved your Christmas card! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Kati said...

Yeah....me too. But, I don't have the excuse of being out of state. I just can't get it together...what's my excuse? I have none!

Kati

Amanda said...

It must be in the weather because I can't get it together either. The cold gloomy days do nothing for me. I need bright happy sunshine to get me motivated. Our projects can wait a few more months can't they. Lets just eat peanut butter cookies and be HAPPY!!!

Becca said...

You are funny! You are one of the most together people that i know. Don't be so hard on yourself. We all feel a little lazy every now an again.

Kath said...

I so feel your pain on this. I don't know how people do it...I am such a mess! If you find that magic secret to getting it together...please pass it on...I am desperate!

Unknown said...

I definitely don't know what you're talking about. I don't just surf the net while I'm working. I'm really productive! Oh wait. Nope. I can't get motivated at all either! Crap. Have you found a remedy yet?

The Kirby's said...

Syd, what I want to know is if Gone with the Wind is worth the time to read it. Let me know, I just finished another book and I am on the hunt. Anna