Friday, January 18, 2008

The Nanny Wars- Jason you WIN.

So my little sister Erin is self proclaimed gravel. She's not as flighty as sand but she's carefree but has a little grounding to her. So she's gravel. (her words, not mine)

She always looks for random, not paid very well things to do in the summertime and so I made the suggestion to her that since I will be having a busy summer (moving, hubby joining a dental practice, etc) that I would pay her a little more than her not paid very well job and she could come and be my nanny this summer.

Well my brother got wind of my suggestion and thus the nanny wars began. He thinks he needs a nanny because of this post .


Well, my brother has one major advantage over me. He owns a company that can hire my sister to work on the days she's not needed as a nanny. So basically- my offer to pay her pennies is being overshadowed by his ability to offer her a "real" job on the side so she can make money and escape the kids.

Well, the other day I got a text from my brother which stated something about hiring a nanny for one 18 month old and TWO six month olds!!

Read THIS POST for the complete story in their words but all I can say is I'm going to be an aunt again to another little princess and I can hardly wait!

So Jason- you win! You need a nanny more than I do!

7 comments:

510Jen said...

Wow what a story. I agree with you he needs it much more than you do. Wow again what a story I am amazed. 3 kids the same age for one day who can say that. Miracles can happen they are truly blessed.

More Caffiene, Please said...

That is so AWESOME. Congrats to your family!

Becca said...

Are you really going to be done in Mountain Home this summer. Wow! That went by fast. What's your plan? Where is the practice that Jared is going to be joining? How exciting!

The Atwood's said...

That is AWESOME! I'm so excited for them and I don't even know them. Thanks for sharing Sydney.

thetaylors said...

I WON? I really doubt I won the Nanny wars. You know Erin will find something else to do. So I really doubt I will get her. But Thank for saying such nice things. I am looking for a nanny, having all these kids is bound to cut into golf time.

Rachel said...

OH MY GOSH!
Erin better not flake, 'cuz I have no idea how ANYONE could take care of 3 kids under 1 ALONE!
It's feast or famine with those two, huh? After all that time trying for a baby... unbelievable! Jason and Jen are just amazing.

This is all SO CRAZY!

p.s. Erin has to meet one of my former students. I LOVE HIM (in a totally non-Mary Kay Laterno kind of way) and I think she would too. I'm heading home again in March so I'm setting them up. We'll work out the details later. ;)

Unknown said...

Do you and Jason remember Erin's "Baby Quota"?
It's something to think about when discussing periods longer than 35-40 minutes.