Chew on this
Gum was discovered at our house this past weekend. Not by the two year old but by the almost five year old.
I have never seen a need or had a desire to introduce gum to my children. Let it be known, that I didn't make the introduction. We'll blame it on our trip to the library last week.
It all started when I made the suggestion to get some "kid music" for the car. I started looking for names that I was familiar with thanks going to the Disney channel. Artists like Ralph's World and Dan Zanes.
Gibson who was by my side and is getting taller and taller each day, reached up and grabbed one that had a gigantic bubble on it. "Oh, let's get this one" he said.
So we did.
On the way home I slipped it into the CD player and track 2 just happens to be "I like gum"-
End of story.
Or is it?
He has since found my gum stash in the car, diaper bag and in the kitchen. He chomps gum non stop and his favorite part is at the beginning when "it's just a little bit hot" so he chomps, spits and starts over.
Last night at 9:15 when said almost five year old was suppose to be getting in bed, he decided he wanted a piece of gum for his bed time snack. I said no.
Meltdown of all meltdown's began I soon became the "meanest mom ever" and the mom "who never lets me have anything."
So thank you library. Thank you "kid music" that introduced my kid to gum. Luckily for me, I buy my packs of gum from Costco so that when I actually want to chew a piece, there just may be one left.
4 comments:
Oh, the mean mom club...let me just extend a warm welcome from "the rest of us"
;)
Can you remember when Aunt Michal gave me a bubble gum machine and couldn't understand why I was so mad? I think I am still a member of the meanest club or do you kids have a new club for grandparens to belong to. I promise not to share gum with the kids.
That is too funny that Gibson's gum addict started with a kids song. You are good for not introducing it sooner. Haley steals our gum all the time.
Sure miss you!
How did you go FIVE years before having to deal with the gum business....My 3 and 5 y.o. have just moved past the "it's hot" stage spit it out to the see how far it stretches...be careful though...once travis discovedred gum, he would find gum under tables and chew it....he's lucky to be alive :)
Post a Comment