Look What I can Do!!

Jared and I have been trying to teach Gibson to ride his bike for weeks. We apparently were doing it all wrong. We were doing it the "old fashioned" way and holding the seat from behind while he attempted to peddle. Each time our training session would end in defeat and frustration {on his and our part} and he would return to his scooter.

Then came his 4 year old cousin who literally taught him in under a minute. Jared and I were inside sitting on the couch thinking "he won't learn but at least Sam can keep him occupied for a few minutes." The next thing we hear is cheering and we ran out to find Gibson riding in circles!

We are SO proud of him and he is very proud of himself too. He immediately told Jared that he would take over pulling the bike trailer with Easton and Creed inside so Jared wouldn't have to anymore!
Family bike rides, here we come!
8 comments:
How fun! He is so handsome and so sweet. Conner just learned to ride his bike and I just think it is such a fun accomplishment. -Good for their self esteem.
That's awesome! I love that he's in his church clothes too - what stain remover did you use for this shot? ;-) How cute. FYI - family bike rides aren't long and they aren't fast at our house due to a "only likes to go downhill seven year old rider". (He just hates to go uphill - once is usually enough for him but not for me!) Don't get your hopes up too high!
So fun. Millie and Burke still have the training wheels. Yes my 5 year old still has trainign wheels. Jeremy and I were just talking about needing more time to spend with the kids on their bikes. and now I know my friend kelli never learned to ride a bike...her dad was a Dr. adn her mom ran the office and their drive way was slanted...that's us! :)
wow! he's so smart!
Congratulations Gibson! We love family bike rides, at least when it's not too hot : )
isn't it so exciting when they finally figure it out! i imagine the same feeling would be had if we won the lottery! so much fun!
Way to go Dude! Love that he is riding in his shirt and tie!!!
That's amazing! Way to go, Gibson!
Post a Comment