Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stain Control


{my current stain control remedy}

The weather here has gotten "warm". Well, it did get warm just to get cold again. No wonder we're all sick and have been for weeks!

One warm day several weeks ago I took the boys to the park. We played, we swung {I pushed and performed under-dogs and the boys swung} and we got all "hot and sweaty" as Gibson says.

We headed to our local grocery store for a few items for dinner and walked out with a watermelon {first of the season} and 100+ popsicles.  Did I mention the boys were hot and sweaty???

So, since that day we have gone through a watermelon every 5 or so days and we go through  bag of popsicles a week.  This is in addition to the 5 gallons of milk, 4 qt's of orange juice, and 3 gallons of apple juice A WEEK we go through. 

Since the watermelon's and popsicles have joined our families diet, I have been overcome with stains, stains and more stains that I just can't seem to get out of my boys' clothes.  I've tried numerous stain removal products, I've soaked, I've washed in cold and then in hot...and yet, the stain remains.

Loyal blog readers, I'm seeking help! How do you get out tough stains from clothes? What's your secret product that you swear by? Do you wash in cold? Do you wash in hot? Do you soak in a stain removal secret solution that leaves your clothes new and stain free?? 

Please share! 

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Option #1 - Oxi Clean. but you have to follow the instructions.

option #2 - abstain. Maybe you should try a new brand of popsicles.

Rachel said...

Zout. It's the best there is. Trust me.

But to be safe... on those extra tough stains I do an OxyClean soak first (in HOT water), then Zout the heck outta those stains.

You'll have to let me know how much you love Zout. Seriously, it changed my laundry doing life.

thetaylors said...

My kids can't come to your house. They learn bad things:)

Seriously, quit feeding them messy stuff. I went to the store to buy popsicles the other day and I ended up buying the green, yellow, brown bag due to the stain factor. If we don't have it, they can't eat it. I know, I'm a mean mom.

Also, I just buy spray and wash and let it sit overnite. It even gets out tomato stains.

Good LUck!

Holly said...

I've used Zout and liked it. haven't had as much luck with Oxy clean. Amonia works, but it stinks.

Last summer I started buying the slow melt and that helped a lot (even though they don't have a spiderman on the box, they taste good.) There's also a new kind that are stain free because they are clear. I told my kids they were SNOW pops and that sold them on it! Popscicles and no stains- now there's a mom inspired product.

oh and you'd better put me on your friends' list-- because you know, I'm sitting here wondering why I'm not there.

Aly G said...

Try a bar of dial soap on the stain, and wash. My fav is oxyclean spray and wash, it comes in a blue spray bottle, its awesome. Good luck momma!

The Barton Family said...

Oxi clean+cold water...but the bad thing is it has to soak to get the best results.... Travis got yucky tar all over his new jeans and Jared used PAM spray and it washed TOTALLY out (he still has tar in his hair). I just have my kids wear swimming suits all summer long!

Unknown said...

I always use Shout and I really love it. After rinsing off the stained area with water, I spray on Shout and let it soak for a good 10-15 minutes before throwing it in the washer. I have to get those stains out so the clothes can go through 3 boys as well I know how you feel.

The Barton Family said...

Glad I checked on your blog I needed some of these tips. By the way you won some blog candy from me. Check my blog!