Sweet Spirits
I stopped at the cemetery yesterday afternoon as my mom decorated the graves of many of my ancestors. This is something she does each and every year. I remember going with her as a young girl, not fully understanding the reason but always sensing the respect and admiration she had for those who have passed on before us.
I had Creed with me who was unhappy sitting in his carseat as we pulled into the cemetery. Hearing his cry and seeing his big alligator tears rushed me to get him out and comfort him.
I lifted him up and automatically pressed him to my shoulder. Within seconds his head was arched backwards and his eyes adverted all around. I turned him around so he was facing outwards and his eyes darted around and then he began "talking." I didn't think much of it until my mom reached out and grabbed him. She instinctively faced him towards her and he began to cry. She then turned him outwards and once again within seconds he looked around and began talking.
Twice more he did this. Communicating with the sweet spirits that I believe are among us.
If I ever doubted that sweet newborns are closer to heaven and to God than say, me. I doubt no more. Seeing and hearing my little Creed communicate with something unseen, brought tears to my eyes and a smile. I wonder if he was speaking with my grandma Maline whom I was named after or my grandpa Bandley who died when I was pretty young. I imagine they were all there. Generations and generations of family. Oh, what a feeling.
I'm glad I made the stop at the cemetery. I'm even more glad that I had a newborn with me that opened my eyes and my heart to the generations past. It has made this Memorial Day just that more memorable.
5 comments:
That is amazing! I truly believe the little ones are so very close with the sweet spirits that are on the other side. How blessed you and your mother are for that experience.
I've always thought little newborns could see those amoung us...I have had that happen with my little babies...I remember Shelby especially 'talking' and giggling with someone I couldnt see.
I believe!
SUCH a cool experience. Thanks for sharing. I believe too!
Awesome, thanks for sharing Syd.
Post a Comment