Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some Orange, a Gun and a few hundred Pheasants

The Mighty Hunter

Jared's First Pheasant hunt {insert Tim Allen laugh from TV show Home Improvement}: Place Fayette Utah (Pheasant Run Outfitters) (80 miles south of Provo) on 600 acres of land. Jared and a few other dentists headed out Friday to Fayette Utah, they stopped by some gun place (Christensen arms) and learned how some custom guns were made, then they were set up in a 5000 sq ft cabin with everything you could think of (ie. Food/large TV to watch the Jazz game) was provided. 

They woke up Saturday had breakfast and shot a little over 70 birds. Jared said, he killed "six birds, but probably killed a few others that were also blasted by the army of dentists." Jared had a great time and HOPES to have more hunting experiences like this one.

Lucky for him my dad eats Pheasant and cooked it for him. I hear it was good, I didn't try any due to the fact that it sounds disgusting but he enjoyed it and that's all that matters.

3 comments:

JenThompson said...

Jim is so proud! He wishes he could have been the one to initiate Jared into his Blazing orange wardrobe. I willbe here for you as a fellow hunting widow sydney:)

Jessica said...

Sydney..you are too funny!! PS I have never tried pheasant either!

The Wright's said...

HA HA!! I totally agree!

Your photos by Kati are AMAZING. SO SO pretty. You are gorgeous and so is that cute belly of yours.