TOP of the Mornin to YA
St. Patricks day started early at our house, 4 days early to be exact.
Why?
It all began when Gibson attended preschool the Friday before. His teacher reminded them as they were leaving that they needed to wear green the next time they met. She gave a brief description of St. Patrick's Day and the mention of receiving a "pinch" if one didn't wear green.
Gibson didn't fully grasp the green concept of being a one day event. Being that green is Gibson's favorite color, he took this literally and proceeded to make sure he had green on until they met again. This included underwear and pajamas.
Gibson had a fantastic day at preschool as you can imagine. A day focused on his favorite color! He was all smiles al day.
We celebrated St. Patrick's Day at my parents house the night before. We had corn beef and cabbage which wasn't too bad. It could be that a pregnant gal was given food she didn't have to prepare and it overcame the taste but I'll take it! I made some Irish Soda Bread and some yummy pistachio bundt cake we served with mint chocolate chip ice cream.

The actual day of St. Patricks Day was a little hum drum. I made some mint chocolate brownies for the office- THE best brownies ever! Gibson asked if I'd make him some green jello and I served green beans with dinner. I know, I know, crazy girl.

On Wednesday {the day after St. Patricks Day} I had to ask Gibson's preschool teacher to inform him that he could stop wearing green. We had had a huge debate that morning on his pick of clothing and it took me forever to convince him he could wear a shirt another color other than green!

It was a fun holiday at our house, we hope you had just as wonderful of a day!
1 comment:
YOU are Martha is all I have to say! Talented Sydney, I know where to come when I need a recipe of any color or season! Your awesome.
Post a Comment