Friday, March 13, 2009

A GREAT day.....


I've been wanting to take the boys to the Draper Utah LDS Temple Open House for several months. I've attempted to get tickets for the whole family just to have to cancel them once the weekend actually came. So with the final days approaching I decided that I'd just "do it" and take the boys. As much as I knew we'd miss Jared, I really wanted Gibson to experience the temple.

We had a GREAT day! Aunt Lori came with us which was very nice. She kept her eyes on Gibson and I kept my eyes on Easton. The two adult paired with two children really worked!

I kept telling Gibson how reverent he would need to be once we entered the temple. If you've met Gibson you KNOW that this is often an impossible feat. The kid can talk! He gets it from his Aunt Erin and rarely stops talking and talks in a very loud voice.

I was so impressed with him. As soon as we entered the temple, he never spoke another word until we exited! Truly- he was that silent! He held onto his brochure and kept comparing the pictures on the brochure with the rooms we were going through. He would point to pictures of Jesus and his eyes smiled when he was held up to look in the mirrors in the sealing room.

It's amazing to me how strong the spirit was. Even with hundreds of people walking through, children crying, and the whispering of voices- the spirit spoke to my little guys and I know they felt it. 

It was a great day. Do you know how I know? My boys were still talking about it when they went to bed. Gibson asked that the brochure be read to him again and they couldn't wait to tell their dad about what they saw. For a 4 year old and a 2 year old, that's just the impression I was going for as we entered the beauty and serenity of the Draper Temple.

3 comments:

Nancy/Bob said...

We are so glad you had a great experience at the Temple. I just wonder how people can not know it is true.

GoatesGirl said...

That is so great you just did it! I'm glad your experience was good. I'm sure Gibson will always remember it. I went to the Jordan River Open house when I was pretty young and I still remember it. You're such a good mom. Your guys are blessed to have you and will be incredible missionaries!

♥Shelley said...

We took Hannah and Ben to the Rexburg Temple open house in Dec 2007 and they too had an amazing experience. I'm glad you could take your little guys!