Valentines Day Projects
His Valentines for his classmates are 50% done. His attention span wore out so we'll need to revisit those later in the day. We made those simple too. We cut out hearts from colored paper, stapled some heart shaped fruit snacks to them and Gibson is decorating them with stickers.
We also made sugar cookies for Jared's office. It may have taken all day thanks to my helpers but they're delicious and the boys loved taking them and giving them to dad and his friends at work!
I've included the recipe below. It's from my sister-in-law Jen and it's a keeper. I even over cooked a few batches and they are still soft! Of course sugar cookies wouldn't be as good if you didn't make homemade buttercream frosting so I've posted that recipe too. It's never treated me wrong:) It's a great every occasion recipe.
Sugar Cookies
(this recipe is the large recipe, I halved mine today and still got almost 3 dozen large hearts)
8 1/2 Cups Flour
2 t. Baking powder
2 t. Soda
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. nutmeg
Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Cream in mixer
2 cups butter
3 cups sugar
4 t. vanilla
4 eggs
Alternately mix in 1 1/2 cup sour cream with dry ingredients
(a little flour, a little sour cream until it is all mixed together)
Roll and cut out (I roll mine pretty thick)
Bake at 450 for 8-9 minutes. They are just light brown around the edges when they are done.
Buttercream Frosting
2 cups butter softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla
3-4 tsp whipping cream {add more until you get desired consistency}
Mix until smooth and creamy.
4 comments:
thanks for the sugar cookie recipe...I seriously have been looking for a good one...I hate baking cookies and not LOVING them...
I'm glad I checked your blog. We were just about to make sugar cookies. I'll try your recipe. Looks yummy!
How cute, with the hands...And it's a good thing I'm not over there, those cookies look yummy! How are you feeling?
I love your recipes...maybe you should make a recipe blog. I am serious, your paula dean symphony brownies are a treasure--- and I have saved these two cookie/frosting ones-- keep em' coming..you are making me look good in the kitchen!
Post a Comment