Friday, February 27, 2009

Billy the Cavity


Back in December when I attended a Provo District Dental Meeting with Jared, I was cornered into helping with the annual puppet shows during the month of February. February is the National Children's Dental Health Education Month and the Provo District travels from elementary school to elementary school across our county and puts on a 25 minute marionette puppet show.

Of course at the time, I patted my belly and said something like "oh, I wish I could but, you know I'm with child and in February I'll be very pregnant........" However, it was returned with the comment "I've done it for 17 years, several of the years I too was pregnant......"

So, puppet shows I did! I think I went to 9 puppet shows over 4 days. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. By the final few shows I was singing the songs and dreaming of Billy the Cavity!

It felt great to get involved with the community and to teach some of the elementary kids about the importance of oral health. Thankfully I have great family members who helped me with the kids.

We were thanked at a luncheon at the yummy restaurant Brick Oven where I enjoyed myself immensely chatting with the ladies.....without my kids! Ah, it's the simple things in life that make the work all worth it!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm impressed! Those things aren't easy to control.

Way to do your part, Mrs. Dr. Condie! :)