Sunday, February 8, 2009

{retail} THERAPY

The other night I was awoken for the 5th time needing to use the restroom. This time I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided I was hungry. I ate a fruit cup and then had heartburn which left me up until it subsided.....it was then that I started to think.

I started having anxiety that I'm totally unprepared for this new little babe. I know I have 7 weeks left which is plenty of time to get a few outfits and baby stuff but still, the simple fact that I didn't have one outfit, sleeper, diaper, etc. Starting to freak me out.

I immediately started to plan. My plan included a day of shopping with my sister and my mom.  We headed to Park City and spent the afternoon shopping {sales and clearance racks} and filling the car with bag after bag. 

It didn't help the trunk space when the first store we went to {KB Toys} was going out of business and they had these great sandbox toys for $1.50! Score! 

I now feel almost ready to have a baby. I have clothes. I have THE blankie. Gibson and Easton have some new clothes for spring and I scored big on clothes for next fall.

We ended our night with a fabulous Mexican dinner where I completed the night with heartburn.......thinking about it, isn't that how this whole day started???

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Well there goes my gift...you apparently don't NEED anything else. :) No seriously, what didn't you get? And did you go dark again? Are you keeping Ali in business with your hair color changes?

The Barton Family said...

I am laughing about the heartburn!! That is one of the worst parts of being prego for me! I try not to eat past five but then I always wake up hungry in the middle of the night too!! I think the only thing I eat that doesn't bother me is nilla wafers- what are the nutritional value of those!?!?! Anwyay, I am like you and am not ready for this baby. We got rid of everything, and while some of it had cycled back to me out of pity I still am in denial and need to get shopping! Too bad I don't live closer.
Hang in there we are almost done!!