Monday, February 9, 2009

Dinner Done Easy

Within the past hour the temperature has dropped, the sky has darkened and it's now a wintery mess outside. I'm so glad I was feeling lazy this morning and made a crockpot meal! {Since it was so super easy, I made some for Aunt Emilee who's been sick the past few days}

Taco Soup has been a favorite for years. Growing up, there was two meals we could count on if Dad was in charge of making dinner. Pancakes and Taco Soup.  I still have a love for "brinner" {breakfast for dinner} and Taco Soup is a quick easy meal that most likely I always have the ingredients on hand to make.

There's a million recipes out there, this is mine....give or take.

Taco Soup
1lb hamburger cooked with taco seasoning
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
3 to 4 cans beans...whatever I have on hand. Today I used black, kidney and garbanzo and white.
1 can olives, sliced
1 can green chilies {today I used a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies}

Don't drain anything, just open and pour into a crockpot. Simmer on low if you plan ahead or high if you need it done quicker!

Serve with scoop tortilla chips and cheese with a dollop of sour cream! Enjoy.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

My favorite dinners come out of a can!

Laurie said...

I made this same thing on Monday...only no green chili's...can't stand them...funny! And tonight I used my potato cook book that my BFF got me a couple of years ago. love ya!

Unknown said...

We eat this almost every week. It makes the best left overs too.

I drain everything and rinse the beans before putting them in then just add a little water or extra salsa if it needs some more liquid.

yum yum.

Emilee said...

It was very delicious! Thank you so much for being such a great Sister-in-law. You are the best!!
Emilee

thetaylors said...

Why is it that Jason hates this? Did you eat a lot of leftovers in your family? He freaks when I make this for dinner.