Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Merry New Year

Is it really January 6th? 

Maybe it's because Easton's birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas that the first two weeks of Christmas is spent anticipating his birthday and that the other two weeks are spent frantically getting ready for Christmas.

Maybe it's because we live here now so there's more to attend to and more to be in charge of?

Whatever the reason, I honestly can't believe that Christmas AND New Years has already come and gone.

{Condie Family Christmas}

The Annual Condie Family Christmas party started the holiday festivities this year. It's held the weekend before Christmas and consists of the traditional soup in bread bowls, grandkids acting out the nativity and the adults standing guard over the cheese ball and other appetizers. I ate myself silly that night and paid the price as I slept sitting up so the heartburn would subside, just a little. 
We had angels

The cast of our nativity complete with star and animals

Notice the cow playing with Woody and the horse and barn dog?? carefully attending to baby Jesus

Ulu loved playing Mary and kept touching "baby Jesus" played by William

The sheep were ready for bed by the time we got the nativity started.

With so many grandkids, we had stable animals this year. Gibson loved being a horse....for the first 5 minutes.

{Christmas Eve}

This year was a "Taylor" Family Christmas so Christmas Eve was spent at my parents house. My brother deep fried turkeys, we again ate ourselves silly and once again kept with tradition. The kids frosted cookies for Santa.



Christmas jammies were provided by Grandma. She had quite the feat this year. My kids won't wear footed pajamas so she tried to find jammies that were warm AND didn't cover the feet. Plus she needed them in various sizes BUT all the same style....Sheesh!

Gibson loves his new jammies because he loves "tools"

Grandpa read the nativity story from the bible while the boys "carefully" placed the characters in the stable.

We said our good nights and we headed home to bed so that the man in red could make his appearance. Gibson was quite excited and had a hard time getting to sleep. We read Christmas stories and he finally fell asleep on the floor "camping for Christmas" while Easton decided he'd rather sleep in a "big" bed and insisted on starting out the night in our bed.

{Christmas Morning}

Well, the man in red found us!  The boys slept in past eight and we made our way upstairs to see just how good the boys have been this year.

Easton got this fun Clipo building block set which he thought was cool for about 5 minutes. The favorite toy came from his stocking when a tiny Buzz Lightyear and Mr Potato Head appeared- he has yet to loose them and plays with them everyday. {they twirl very nice on the Clipo table}

Gibson got a Leapster with a few games and he LOVES it! Yeah for learning tools. 

I got a few needed items like maternity pants and nylons and Jared scored with a coat and some new scrubs!

The highlight of my gifts came in the form of a blue blanket, bib and hat as I found out we are having another BOY! Yeah for boys!! I can honestly say I'm not surprised and I'm somewhat relieved. I know boys and boys I can do. Now, if I can just make it through the next 12 weeks waiting for his arrival! 

After a yummy waffle, egg, bacon, OJ and sticky bun breakfast, we got dressed and headed to Grandma Taylor's house for part two of the festivities.

Grandma and Grandpa Taylor gave each of the boys a dinosaur which entertained them for the remainder of the day. They also gave them a CD of books along with the corresponding books. This has been a HIT and we've listened to them everyday. 

Cooper had Easton's name and gave him these green hulk gloves.  Easton loved them and thankfully he chose Cooper's dad to test them out on!

{New Years}

We went to the Midway house with Jared's sister Emilee and her family on New Years Eve. It was so low key and nice to get away without having to travel very far. We again ate ourselves silly {I'm starting to notice a trend} and I'm not sure if any of us made it to midnight, I know I didn't and I'm pretty sure Jared didn't either.

New Years Day held the last of the holiday traditions and that is sledding at Soldier Hollow. I didn't go due to the large belly I am now sporting but Jared took the boys and they all had a great time in the 21 degree weather!  Donuts and hot chocolate awaited the sledders and runny noses remind us of what a great time was had!

Jared sported the "blue suit" again this year since all of our stuff is still in storage, he even wore the boots, gloves and hat. He was styling and yes ladies, he's all mine!

Now we're back to the daily grind. Gibson is back at school. Easton is sick with a cold and I continue to grow an inch {outward} each time I sit down. Jared is back to being Dr. Jared and the boys are slowing getting over their withdrawal of not having him around.

Our 2009 goals have been set. We're ready for a busy and wonderful year and we're looking forward to all that 2009 brings {which so far is SNOW and illness......}

Welcome 2009!

3 comments:

miranda said...

I love the blue suit Dr. Condie!

The Wright's said...

Love the update - Congrats on another boy. That certainly fits!

Sounds like such fun.

Cassie said...

Wish I we could have been to that Condie family party.