Excema and Milk
Anyone have any amazing remedies for severe excema? (Poor Easton has horrible skin and severe excema up and down his legs and around his wrists and lower back. Eucerin just isn't cutting it.)
AND
Any ideas on how to get a 16 month old to drink milk from a cup/sippie/bowl/trough etc.? We're done with the bottle, he bit through his last nipple today but he won't drink milk from anything but the bottle......any tricks, secrets or helps??
18 comments:
Have you tried Aquaphor? It's made by Eucerin but it is thicker. It works really good on Cooper. He gets it on his face.
I have to put a prescription steroid cream on Anna for excema. I have a friend that sells a skin care line called Arbon, and she swears by it for excema. I haven't tried it, because it is pretty pricey, but it has seemed to work on her little girl.
Joshua still won't drink milk unless it is chocolate. I tricked him into drinking chocolate instant breakfast so he is getting some vitamins and protein instead of just extra sugar.
how funny that you just commented. I was on my way over her to tell you that we're opening slc tomorrow(well... maybe by midnight tonight.) The blog is
picturelifeworkshop.blogspot.com
Hope you can come !!!!
someone told me that lotion from the body shop works great i think they said it was grape that worked the best. Good luck! Hunter wouldn't drink milk after we gave up the bottle so we went to chocolate but i use the hershey syrup so it will hopefully have just a little less sugar!
Love
Princes
Sorry no suggestions from me, I just wanted to tell you that I love your Blog.
No bottle, no milk, no excema? Aveeno had an oatmeal bath that was suppose to help. What did the pediatrician say?
I know this sounds weird, but Haley had a dry skin type of rash and nothing worked (even a Rx from the doctor) so someone told us to use Balmex. It was on her face, so pretty weird to put Balmex (the white desitin-like diaper rash ointment) on it, but it worked like magic. Maybe you could try a small spot. We just put it on Haley before bed and it was GREAT! Who knows?!
For the sippy cup, have you tried the soft ones? Haley was the same way and we slowly moved from the bottle-like soft top to the hard ones. .....Good luck and sorry for the long comment. : ) Can't wait to see you.
Jesse just started having excema, we are using a rx cream from the dr. right now, but I am writing down all these suggestions for when that runs out.
As for the milk, we did the chocolate milk thing as well.
CJ had excema and we got a prescription for Elidel (sp?). It worked great. So did some RX hydrocortizone cream.
As for the bottle going bye-bye, just keep a bunch of sippies laying around with juice or chocolate milk and after a day of hell, he'll pick one of them up!
Don't you love the "days of hell" us moms have to go through?
Our little Grayson has SEVERE eczema. We are actually taking him to Primary Childrens Hospital in two weeks for it. His little hands crack and bleed. They look like raw hamberger. (sorry for the visual). But, Elidel is a good one. It doesn't have the steriods in it, but it is expensive. It is great for the face since the steriod creams thin the skin. After you bathe him lube him up really good with lotion like Cetaphil. While the tub water is draining I squirt baby oil on him and while he is drying off I will then apply the creams and lotion. But, after our apt at Primary's I will let you know further info if I get it.
About milk. My first 2 kids refused to take milk from a sippie. So with the 3rd we just gave her milk in a sippie and that was it. She finally got thirsty enough and started drinking it. Now she wont put it down (EVER). But if you try flavoring it, try NesQuick. It has some other vitamins/calcium.
(Sorry I wrote so much)
Heidi
Forget the milk just start him on PEPSI and everything will be fine!
Thanks everyone for your advice. We'll be trying it all!
He was ALL drama last night when he woke up at 3. He wanted milk and when I handed him a sippie, he sipped it like he was drinking a hot beverage and threw it down and buried his head into his lap. Ah, it was priceless. He then wouldn't take his other sippie of water because he thought it was milk. He ended up crying himself to sleep.
He'd drink 8oz of milk if it was in the bottle, I just don't get why the transition is SO hard!
Sorry you have to go through that Sydney. Ashlie was they same way. The day we took her off the bottle, no milk. My Doctor said just give her milk ONLY for 3 days in the sippie and she will be so thirsty she will take it. But, I never stuck to it, and now all I can get her to drink is chocolate milk.
I like the pepsi suggestion. I second, third and fourth that one.
Hi syd
I know that Cetaphil has worked in the past for excema in my family. It's not a perscription and it lasts for awhile.
As for the milk see if he will try some pediasure. If he will at least drink a sippie a day at least he has some vitamins going in him. I think they may have alot of variety.
Good luck
Cru has had some strange rash type that looks like it could be excema so my sister in law told me to get Aquaphilic from the pharmacy at Walmart. You don't have to have a prescription for it and it's a big tub that costs like $9. It's worked like a charm!
This is Mandy (Chana's sister in law) my mother in law has horrible skin problems from psorosis to excema. My youngest son Kourtland inherited it from her. I took him to the doctor and they wrote me a prescription for TRIAMCINOLONE 0.1%, told us NOT to shower him every day and apply that 2-3 times a day.
It was completely gone within a week!!!! I couldn't believe it, we had tried everything else. Good luck! I would definately try it if I were you.
Mandy
Hey Sidney, you've already gotten several good ideas for the eczema. I have it pretty bad on my hands since Sam was born. It comes and goes with stress and I've noticed that some foods irritate my skin more(ie lots of dairy or strawberries). Aveeno is my current lotion of choice. It's pretty mild, but moisturizing. Good luck!!
Post a Comment