Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One Year Ago TODAY........

Easton Thomas Condie was born at 3:45 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs 1oz.

He was the best Christmas present we could have asked for.



We're told he looks exactly like his dad.....lucky kid.

A few things about Easton:

He wasn't named for 7 days after he was born. We couldn't decide between Easton and Carson. I made two Christmas cards and two baby announcements last year...one with each name. Finally after 7 days we knew it was Easton.

He has 6 teeth.

He crawls like a monkey and jumps like a frog to get to you.

He rarely cries and is a great sleeper.

He picks on his big brother and much to Gibson's dismay, copies him.

He loves to play with cars, loves his blankie and makes his own waves in the tub by crawling really fast from end to end and then stopping in the middle to let the water splash on him.

He weighs almost 25 lbs, is wearing 12-18 month clothes and size 5 diapers. My siblings call him "The Tank"

We had a small party over the weekend while we had family in town. Easton loved to play in his cake but wasn't too interested in eating it. He got some fun presents- cars, trucks, a new hammer, bathtub rings, a tent and tunnel and money for his savings account.


This past year has been a blur, it went way too quickly. Easton is a JOY in our family and we love him from the moon to the stars and back! Happy 1st Birthday Easton!!

9 comments:

Nancy/Bob said...

Happy Birthday Easton,
Papa and Grandma Taylor had a great time visiting with you and your big brother Gibson. We hope your birthday extravaganza continues on in the fashion of your mothers birthdays from the past and will be a week of celebration. Love and Kisses Grandma Taylor

Rachel said...

Easton! How is it possible you're already 1!?!! Happy Birthday big guy; We can't wait to see you in real life!

More Caffiene, Please said...

So cute! And I'm sorry, but I think he looks like you, especially in that baby photo. So darling.

The Larsons said...

Aren't holiday babies just so much fun! Gunner was born 12/29, 2 years ago. I loved thinking so much about Mary. By the way, if you haven't heard, Easton is one of our top 2 boy names. :) We have an ultrasound today to fiind out the sex.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EASTON!

Zipporah said...

He's getting so big! I thought of him yesterday. I really thought I would get his present mailed on time, but obviously it wasn't. Maybe you'll get it before Christmas and it can be his birthday/Christmas present.
Love ya, Syd and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Easton!

Casey said...

Syd--
I want to know...did you make that cake? Either way, I'm so impressed with your domestic skills. I'm so stressed about John's birthday next month because there is no way I'll be making a cake and Magleby's doesn't cater cutsey cakes only incredible chocolate cake. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Easton! You have the cutest smile I have ever seen!!
Kati

Staci said...

He is so cute... I can't believe how chubby he is... It's sad how fast time goes by... Sometimes I wish I could push the slow motion button...

grandma C said...

Happy Birthday Easton! Grandma & Grandpa are sorry we missed the party but glad Grandma & Papa Taylor took you our gift...We also still have a time deciding on your name...ask your parents about your pen from Guatemala! :) You're a handsome EASTON and we love you!!! Grandma & Grandpa Condie