Sunday, December 9, 2007

SNOW much fun!!

6:30 p.m.- I hollered at Gibson and he didn't answer back. After a few minutes I ran upstairs and couldn't find him. I checked under his bed and there he was FAST ASLEEP. He was exhausted from this weekend and this is why.........

My parents, my sister Chana and her husband Fred and my other sister Erin came up for the weekend. Chana, Fred and Erin arrived Friday night around 10:30, Gibson whom was so excited for them to arrive, went to bed about 11:30.

We received several inches of snow during the night and what better way to play in it than to make a snow family! Jared recruited the neighbors and they made 4 snowmen in honor of our little family of four. The snowmen were complete with coal eyes and carrots for noses. Too cute!


Erin was working on making a hat.....She wasn't going fast enough so Jared decided to help....
What would a cold, snowy weekend be without a gingerbread house?? Gibson had a great time making the candy roof and I'm certainly thankful for Costco that sells Gingerbread house kits! Less work for me and still tons of fun for him!
Chana and Fred enjoying the antics of the children. We celebrated Easton's birthday while everyone was here (a post about that to come later) so the boys were filled with sugar and new toys. Oh, they were hyper!


Such a busy weekend and we LOVED every minute of it! We love when we have visitors. Thanks for enjoying the weekend with us! We love you guys!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

See? That's why I need to live within driving distance of my family!
What a fun weekend. I am SOOOO jealous!

Kati said...

Jared...I had no idea you were so domestic! Wanna make me a hat? I like pink.
I am very impressed!
Kati

Kath said...

Cute pics, Syd! I have totally been meaning to add you to my friendly bloggers list...and I finally did...hope that's OK! Have you heard from Laura any time recently?