Friday, December 14, 2007

Killer Caramel Recipe

My sister-in-law Jen starting showing up to some family functions with this caramel. Every time I eat more than I should. She brought it to Chana's bridal shower back in August and we were so stingy with it we didn't even put it out for our guests.

She gave me the recipe and I just made it. I'm ready to make my second batch since the first turned out so good! Jared, who is not a caramel fan even likes it!

As you can tell from the picture, I wrapped half of it and the other half I dipped in chocolate. Good both ways.

I got the recipe for the peppermint fudge from my friend Becky. So easy to make and so delicious. Click here for the recipe.

Still on the list to make is Almond Joys. This is a Condie family favorite and this will be my first attempt to make them on my own. Hopefully we'll get those made on Sunday so Jared can deliver them to co-workers on Monday.


If you have plans to make caramel this season you should try this recipe. Just check out the ingredients and you'll KNOW why it's so good.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look delicious!!! I am going to make those next week for sure. I have been wanting to make candy. I love Christmas, it gives you a really good reason to eat treats! Thanks!

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

Sydney, you are such the little cook and chef. I am impressed. They look delicious. I love caramel. Thanks!

Rachel said...

You'll be bringing some of these little gems home with you, right? :)

Can't wait to see you!!!

Becca said...

My mom is coming onto town this week and we are having a chocolate dipping night. She has a carmel recipe that I LOVE. Maybe I will have to try this one.

Renee said...

Okay, I'm going to try this one. You can't go wrong with a recipe that calls for butter, cream and sugar!

Amanda said...

You just made my day! I love to bake and have yet to make candy. I am going to try these little beggers out tomorrow. Are you coming to UT for Christmas?