I'm not a huge thrift store shopper. However, on the AF base, we have a thrift store where we can consign our "treasures". So, I clean out closets and then head to the thrift store to consign them. This little practice has made me over $200 in the past 4 months. Not too shabby for things I no longer need (like my mom jeans.)
Usually I'm in and out of the store. I go in the back door and never look around. However last week, Gibson who watches a movie while I consign was being SO good that I decided to browse. I may not love thrift stores but I do love a few minutes of uninterrupted shopping.
Look what I found! Better yet...guess how much I spent!
This little .25 gadget has changed Easton's world. He can get around pretty fast and it's super light so when he runs into a wall, he can just pick it up and turn it and keep on going!
I must say, I was pretty excited for my finds!
9 comments:
SCORE!!! Usually games are $10 a piece. Those were certainly a great deal. I can't believe that you have made $200 over the last couple of months. That's great. I outta try that.
Oh, the thrift store!
That actually makes me a little bit home sick for Ft. Huachuca.
Unlike you, I am a HUGE thrift store shopper. It's like hunting for buried treasure! You have to dig, A LOT, but when you come across that amazing piece of fabric, real antique crystal beads, or super cute size 18 month star-bellied sneetch jumper pj's (for $.25) it makes it all worth it!
Sweet finds Syd! I'm extra impressed you were able to do it with two kids in tow.
You totally scored.
And I'm also jealous of the fact that Easton will mobilize himself rather than sit and flail his arms ans shriek at the top of his lungs for me to, you know, move him.
oh this post makes me happy!! LOVE a good thrift store find! i once found 7 board games and paid $2 a piece for them.... it made my week!!! good for you, recycling your unwanted goods and making a little cash while you're at it!
I think I was in a thrift store once. It's probably because I always have at least one little boy in tow.
Good job on the 200 dollars. That's great!
Sweet deal Sydney! I love the .25 cent walker. Wish Kid-to-kid here was like that, and that I could rack up that much money to "spend". Just brought some of my stuff in, but it only made me like $40. It's a start.
Sweet deal and all those games are great! gotta love it.
i'm with you on the thrift store thing. i can't quite figure out why i don't go--i love saving money! good for you for trying it out, you totally scored!
the thing i really wanted to say was how EXACTLY the same Jared and Easton look. I couldn't believe that close-up shot! So fun to see your husband in your children, isn't it?
I am so jealous! There's nothing I enjoy more than getting a good bargain! Way to go!
Post a Comment