Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Well, it was going to be a productive day, but then.......

My neighbor just brought me over Harry Potter!!! (Yes, I let her go stand in line at the bookstore at midnight to buy it and then I reap the rewards of getting to read it for free)!

So, the laundry may have to go another day without being folded and Gibson will definately be having something from the microwave for lunch. Ah, all the plans for a productive day out the window. At least she just barely brought it over so I did get a few things done this morning:)

My friend Laurie laughs at me because I'm always "playing games" with myself. You know, the kind where I say (to myself) "fold this basket of laundry and then you can send 3 emails" or "if you clean the bathrooms you can watch Oprah". I actually laugh at myself, not because I do it but because it actually works!! So, I think today is going to be one of those days. I'll make me a list and after I complete each item from the list I can read a chapter from Harry Potter....sounds pretty fair, doesn't it???

8 comments:

Zipporah said...

I like your working for rewards system. I think I need something to motivate me like that. Hmmm...maybe if I clean my house I can have a bowl of chocolate ice cream. Good idea!

leslie said...

you are hilarious... reminds me of a girl i went to russia with, who would only allow herself the fantastically delicious european chocolate (which we stood in line for everyday) AFTER she had written in her journal... hey, if it works it works, right! enjoy the book, it's fantastic!!!

Shelley said...

I just finished the book today. My philosophy was to put everything aside and get through it quick! Tomorrow I'll play catch up.

Karen said...

i only have 9 pages left, and i made myself put the book down because i don't want it to end! i don't know when i'll actually finish...

mindy said...

There is NO WAY I could have stopped after each chapter! I got my copy at 1:06 Saturday morning and finished at 2:30 a.m. Sunday. If I hadn't eaten dinner, hung out with the kids, or done some shopping I would have finished sooner. Enjoy!!

Rachel said...

I just got BOTH girls down for a nap! The TV was on when I got downstairs(not sure how/why). Oprah was begging me to come watch. She's live (or was live when it aired the first time) on the set of Grey's Anatomy! Can't remember if you watch, but I love it (and all it's absurd story lines). So I sit down for a second and feel myself getting sucked in when I remember this post to your blog. I have SO MUCH to do! I had a short argument with myself and finally decided, "No Rachel, you can't watch Oprah! Go unpack and break down 5 boxes, get dinner started, and if by some amazing alignment of the planets both girls are still sleeping... WATCH IT ON TiVO!!!" Oh thank Heaven for TiVO!
Thanks for the guilt trip Syd! :o)
(by the way... the time it took posting this to your blog was my reward for getting both girls to sleep. I'm now all about the rewards/justification);)

Kristel said...

Hey! love your blog...your family is adorable!

tiffy girl said...

Maybe I should try your system. Somedays, I just don't have the ambition that I should to get it all done. The laundry is finally folded after washing it 2 days ago! Sometimes, I swear I will be better, but hey I am not supermom!!