Monday, July 9, 2007

Rolls, Shoes and other random thoughts.....

If I could be anything professionally, I would be a chef. Well maybe not a chef that works in a demanding kitchen on a busy Saturday night but a chef that could whip things together with ease and throw the greatest culinary parties and fix the best Thanksgiving dinners. (I'm loving "The next Food Network star" right now. That would be a dream if it were me:) I would love to go to culinary arts school. I love to cook but I don't feel that I'm very good at it. I have always been afraid of making bread and I've only attempted it twice (once was sweet rolls, which I found if you top it with enough cream cheese frosting everyone loves them, and the second was rolls which I threw away after taking one bite.) My friend Jade makes awesome rolls and offered to teach me--step by step-- She gave me an awesome recipe and I was able to make them yesterday and they were SO good! I'm amazed how easy they were to make!

G LOVES his dad (he calls him Jer) and immitates him on a daily basis. Hubby had just taken off his shoes when G went and put them on and began walking around the house.

Tonight I had my fill of G and was really needing a break from his energy and him dancing around my clean, folded, laundry piles. Hubby was wonderful and suggested that he and G go on a walk to McDonalds to get an ice cream cone. I love that Hubby is a hands on dad and that he loves his sons and is willing to be outside in hot weather to give me a much needed and much appreciated break!


Hubby has a great dad and looks up to him so much. Following in Rulon's footsteps is often hard since he is an amazing man in so many ways. However, hubby has seen first hand how important it is to be involved in your children's life and how important it is and what a difference it makes to have religion as a foundation for raising a family. His dad is a great example of this and hubby has brought those two qualities into our home.

So for G to wear his dad's shoes and follow him around and look up to him is 100% okay in my book. I love that Hubby is G's buddy and I often hear G say "I stay here with dad" when I ask him if he wants to go somewhere with me.

So G , keep following in your dad's footsteps and you'll achieve great things, I guarantee it!

On a completely different note- I hung pictures in E's room today! We have lived in our house for 10 months, E is 7 months old and yet his room was never finished. Not that I didn't want it to be finished but we're never upstairs other than nap time and bedtime and I've never taken the time to hang anything up. Today, I was feeling a bit project oriented and really want to cross something off my list so I cleaned E's room- I organized his drawers, rotated his clothes, hung pictures and shelves on his walls, vacuumed, dusted- the works. What a difference it makes! It's actually a pretty cute room and it's officially the cleanest room in the house!! (Don't worry, I rewarded myself with a nap)!

7 comments:

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

YUM! Those rolls look delicious! I need the recipe! I love the shoes-I still can't get over how big Gibson is! Also, I LOVE checking things off of my list! Congrats on that!
Have a great day!

Zipporah said...

Yes, where is the recipe? You know I love good recipes.
Jared is a great guy and we all love him! You're pretty cool yourself. : )

leslie said...

i think you'd better post that roll recipe...:)

wurstens5 said...

You should post that recipe. Those look so good and I am a sucker for bread. That picture of Gibson in Jareds shoes is priceless. Very cute.

510Jen said...

Ditto with the recipe thing do share. And cute little thought about dads footsteps I feel the same way.

Shelley said...

Show us the room!

Rachel said...

You've been quite the busy little blogger these days. So dang cute! I really love your entry about Gibson and "Jer's" shoes. Made my eyes tear up! You're such a good mom. I really want a taste of those rolls! Send me some photos of Easton's room or put some on your blog.