Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fun, Fabulous 4th of July!

What a fun, fabulous 4th of July we had!! We spent the day at the lake with some friends from our ward. As we drove to the lake G kept telling hubby "fast daddy, I want water pool". Once we arrived G put on his floaties and didn't leave the water for 5 hours! Luckily for G he has a dad who doesn't mind getting wet. As for his mom, she prefers to sit in a chair and read a good book while basking in the sunlight.

E sat in the shade with me and the two of us hung out with the ladies. I read a whopping 15 pages of my book since I was enjoying myself while we chatted and nibbled on red vines. E eventually gave in and took the nap that he was fighting to avoid. Sorry for the belly shots, who doesn't like to get a little sun on their belly while they nap? Both my boys love to sleep with blankets on their heads. Weird I know, I can pull them off over and over again and 10 minutes later I'll find that they've somehow pulled it back over their faces. G eventually grew out of it and I'm assuming E will too but for now, he loves it.

E did great at the lake. He slept, he played and he left on his hat which I thought was pretty amazing!


The day at the lake made us all exhausted! G crashed within a few minutes of being put in his carseat and once we got home we let him sleep for a few hours since we knew it would be a late night.

Once we all got fresh and clean we headed to some BBQ's and off to the fireworks.

Our friends the Drapers have this great boat in their backyard. I stuck E in front of it and snapped some pictures. I invited G to join in the photo shoot (okay I bribed him, threatened him and begged him but he politely told me "no thank you momma") Isn't E adorable? Here's hubby and his twin. I think it's the ears that make them look so similar.


I was trying to take pictures fast before the drool started and before E figured out he could eat the rocks!
Good thing he's such a good sport about getting his picture taken. If only his brother was as cooperative.....

While I was taking pictures of E and inviting G to join us, he sat on the trampoline like this and watched.



We had some great fireworks for a small town. Where else are you going to watch the fireworks but in the Wal-mart parking lot! Heck, we go to Wal-mart almost everyday so why not on the 4th of July? G was SO much fun to watch fireworks with. He was very dramatic and was shouting out the colors of each one as they exploded in the sky above us. He loved the show and cried when they were over and cried "more firework". How thrilled he was when we got home and our neighbors were lighting some fireworks. We let him watch them from his window as long as he didn't get off his bed. That trick works everytime. He was asleep within moments and our 4th of July came to an end.

What a wonderful day we had. How blessed we are to be living in America and to enjoy the freedoms that we so often take for granted. Living in a military town and being a military family we have known many, many families that are separated while one parent goes to fight in the war in Iraq or Afganistan. How fortunate we are that we have not had to face a deployment yet and yet, how aware we are of the dangers that these men and women are put in to protect the freedoms that we enjoy.

So a big shout out and THANK YOU to the troops from our military base and others who serve in the military. We appreciate your service and we pray for your safety. To our good friend, Michael, be safe and know we love you and wish you the best while you serve our country.








7 comments:

tiffy girl said...

I am glad you guys are finally bloggers. Isn't it delightful?! Looks like you had a great holiday. I missed the family bbq, and spent the day at home with Max, still sick. Yes, still sick--me sinus infection, and Max has double ear infections with a touch of bronchitis. :) But we did join my family on the lawn at BYU to watch the fireworks. I just couldn't miss em'. You guys are lucky such cute boys.

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

Hey Condie Clan! It is so great to have you in the blogging world! Hooray! Your Gibson is a little man-when did that happen? And Easton is adorable! Two boys has to be sooo much fun! It looks like you guys had so much fun on the 4th! I am so happy I can check in on you guys now! We miss you guys!

michelle said...

Hey jared, long time no see this is michelle , tiffs lil sis. I was browsing and tiff gave me your blogsight. Anyway you look great and your family is beautiful. crazy how life goes by and everything changes.I have a 3 yearold boy and a 4mth old lil princess. I can't imagine what life be like without those sweet angels. Anyway glad to see your all doing well, Hope to get to see ya next time your up.

Zipporah said...

Sounds like you are finding ways to have some fun in a little town where there is nothing to do. Great pictures of the kids. I especially love the black and white one of Gibson.

Karen said...

Such a fun post, Syd! I especially love the picture of Gibson on the tramp--I love the shots that get them when they're calm :o) Reading your 4th of July thoughts made me think of Vienna, I remember you being Miss Patriotic. America shirts, hats--funny the things we recall, isn't it? Thanks for your words.

BTW, last weekend Andrea and Jonny had us over for Sunday dinner. It was fun to sit around and reminisce... And then Shiloh came upstairs to hang out--she and her husband (you know she married Jonny's brother, right?) live in the basement. What a fun night! We're planning a 20-year reunion in Wien. Start saving up!!!

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

You have such a cute little family! Great photo's Sydney. It sounds like you had a great 4th!

The Wolfley Family said...

Looks like you guys had a pretty great fourth! We missed seeing you, but I think you guys did OK. The black and white of Gibson is just precious!