Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's for dinner Wednesday???


I'm off to perform my civic duty. I've been summoned for jury duty {2nd time in 3 weeks}

I pulled out the crock-pot and started this little number that I got from Betsy's blog. I sure hope it's good!

Buy a pack of tri-tip steak from Costco. I used half and put the other half in the freezer for next time. . .and there will be a next time!

Sear the meat by frying up the steak pieces (they are cut long and thick) in some oil until all sides are just browned. Wear an apron -- it splatters!

Transfer the browned meat from the frying pan to the crock pot. Completely cover and slather the meat with cream of mushroom soup. I used two cans.

Cook on low all day long.

Before serving, remove the meat to a warm plate and use drippings/remaining sauce to make a gravy.

I served this with mashed potatoes and some fresh green beans on the side. It was awesome! The meat is so tender, you can hardly keep it on the fork!

It's already smelling delicious and it's only been in the crock-pot for 30 minutes. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Aly G said...

Sounds so good! I love their tri tip steak!! Next time you should add a packet of lipton onion soup mix in with the 2 cans of Cream of mushroom! Yummmers! You are quite the Betty Crocker! xoxo