Friday, February 25, 2011

2-25-11

Today I was grateful for my brother Chris for coming over bright and early to watch the boys while I went to an eye appointment in the middle of a snowstorm.

Uncle Chris is the best, Creed didn't even cry when Jared and I walked out the door at almost the same time.

The boys and cousin Abigail played outside for almost 90 minutes. I was delighted to listen to their giggles as they built snowmen and I shoveled snow on the never ending driveway. I was even more delighted when our neighbor came over with his snowplow.

I love that Easton and Abigail are now friends. When we first moved here, they were less than friends. Now he protects her {from Creed}.

I wish I could have protected her from her fall as she lost her footing on the driveway and ended up with road rash on her cheek and a big swollen lip.

Today after Gibson headed off to school, I snuggled the boys on the couch as we watched Sesame Street. Creed and I fell asleep and Easton stayed close.

When I woke up after Elmo's world, I made some peanut butter and jam bars which I was sad I didn't love.

I washed and dried four loads of laundry. Folded none of them. They are currently in baskets next to the bed.

Today Gibson made his first phone call to a friend inviting him over to play. It was adorable. Two friends, arranging play. He then went out and waited for him to get here and they played Wii and built a snowman in the front yard. How grateful I am that Gibson has good friends.

Creed escaped down the street again. I had to run after him in my slippers. As I was trying to get him inside, the neighbors across the street got home. Our being outside was an invitation to play and for three hours they did.

I was grateful I had Costco pizza in my freezer.

Tonight I was summoned to my parents house to help my dad get some pictures off his camera in time for him to go on yet another cruise. The pictures were from last July..... I sure love those two.

Tonight Easton kept having bad dreams each time he closed his eyes. I offered to lay by him and we cuddled. He immediately laced his fingers in mine and turned his chin into my neck. Two minutes later he was lightly snoring. I lingered. I couldn't pull myself away from my sleeping baby boy.

Now, I sit. Tired but not sleepy.

I needed to write down some events of my day because I feel it's going so fast.

Gibson is gaining independence and "needing" me less and less. He dressed himself for school today without my assistance and I let him go. Even though he didn't match.

Easton is trying to keep up with Gibson yet still wants to play with Creed. He's in that tender spot where he likes sippie cups and his blankie but also wants to play with friends, have sleepovers at grandma's and sit in a booster seat.

Then there's Creed. My baby will be 2 in just a few weeks. He's talking up a storm, teething like crazy and testing his boundaries with every move.

This was my day. This is my life.

I. am. blessed.

3 comments:

♥Shelley said...

A beautiful day.

katie said...

CUTE picture!! They are darling-all 3 of them!

Rachel said...

Not sure how I missed this post, but I'm glad I saw it today. I love these sweet moments of reflection. Thanks for sharing!