Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Note to Self

This is what happens when you leave the strap of your nice, expensive camera dangling from the counter.

Yeah for Gillian who encouraged me to buy filters for my lenses when I got my first SLR several years ago.

Hopefully several things will come from this accident. I will begin to understand the power of a 17 month old who likes to pull, push or throw items from wherever he's standing and said 17 month old may be one day closer to being out of this destructive stage where he insists on body surfing on the counter and table to see what he can knock down or what big mess he can make.

Thank goodness he's cute.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Ouch. Cute or not, I think mine would have been dead meat.

♥Shelley said...

I cringed just looking at that image and then I immediately look to my right to make sure my camera strap was up : ) So glad the damage wasn't worse.

gillian said...

Glad I could be of help! :)
I am waiting for Hank to do that to our camera. Tiny shards of broken glass, not fun to clean up. I hope no bare feet were in the way!

510Jen said...

Thank goodness.

Brad Lambert said...

Been there, done that! Except I didn't have a little one to blame for it. My camera was resting against the door of my truck and when I opened it, out fell the camera and crack went my lens! No worries - it just gives you an excuse to "Upgrade!"