Time Out
Earlier this week I looked at the calendar and found nothing scheduled for Friday night or Saturday. NOTHING! No where to be, no one expecting us or counting on us. NOTHING!
I checked with my sister Erin and her calendar showed the same thing. Score! {she ended up ditching us on Friday night but luckily grandma Taylor came to her rescue and allowed the boys to have a sleepover}
I booked us a hotel downtown Salt Lake, packed our bags and put them in the car. Dropped the kids off at my moms house and came back home to pick up the hubs for dinner, as he was told we were doing.
We went to a fancy restaurant where we had a gift card {we've had it for two years} and our fancy meal ended up costing us $2. We did a little shopping with another gift card that's been lost in the pit, I call my wallet and then headed to SLC.
I was driving and told Jared that I needed to show him something {we've been furniture shopping and he assumed we were going to another store} but I stopped at a downtown hotel and got out to check us in. Surprise!
We went to a late movie {Scott Pilgrim vs. the World}, ate lots and lots of popcorn, slept in a king size bed, went out to breakfast, did some furniture shopping and came home to get the boys from grandma and Erin.
So much fun! So needed.
Next time, we're leaving the state!
7 comments:
I am so sad you guys didn't post any pics of you doing cool jumps on the fancy hotel beds :) kudos for the fun night out....
The joys of having family close by : )
Amen to what Shelley said. I don't have that luxury. Glad you do and glad you got away!
ahhhhh . . . sounds just perfect. I think we need a time out like that. glad you two had a blast. miss ya girl.
Oh sounds like so much fun! I think I need a time out! I wish "someone" would do that for me! You are so thoughtful! Don't ya love giftcards!!! So good to talk to you today we need to do more of that ! I just love ya!
Why such a serious face?...you should have a huge smile...if you know what I mean. :)
That serious face shows off those bedroom eyes...va va voom.
Love it!
Post a Comment