is a saying that I can remember. Simple and catchy. I like those.
When my dad called the other day to invite the boys over to help plant peas, I questioned him on the timing. "Isn't it too early?
" Is is really time?" "Won't they freeze in the ground and not produce?" He assured me that it wasn't too early and that the land was tilled and ready for the peas.
So we went over and in a matter of minutes the ground was filled with small seedlings that in a few months will produce some delicious green peas. I just hope that we can beat my brother Chris to pick them straight off the vine and eat them. Peas are his favorite and he seems to have a radar for when their ready.
Regardless of whether or not we get to eat them. It was fun to teach my boys where food comes from and involve them in the process. I haven't figured out where I can plant my garden here at the house so I may be borrowing land from others so I can enjoy the fresh goodness a garden brings.
Uncle Chris and Gibson
Easton and Papa Taylor
Getting the job done.
3 comments:
That first picture of Easton looks so much like his daddy I can't believe it! I knew your boys looked like little Condie kids but I cannot believe how much he looks like Jared in that picture!
Fresh peas are my favorite. I plan to raid Jason and Heidi's patch again this year since I am too lazy to plant my own :)
Mmmmmm. Peas are my absolute favorite. If I ever have a garden it will be full of peas, and raspberries.
I want to help...
notice: I will retract the above statement if it applies to helping paint, clean, move, or do more than 1 hour of gardening.
Post a Comment